Experimental helmet #5

HoovieDude

Although I REALLY shouldn't have, I just added another experimental lid to the collection. A #5 this time, to sit with the other experimental lids. Only issue is the leather suspension has dry rotted off, and I had to put the remaining pads in a plastic bag. I can live with it though, since the lid is structurally strong and fit, with chinstrap.

b9522848.jpg

b5171178.jpg

d9bcc54e.jpg

8113cdf1.jpg

2b2a84f0.jpg

0e69e885.jpg

3d14017f.jpg

With the #2 and X51..

de4fd9d2.jpg

Thanks guys :thumbsup: I'm quite happy! But..... I did a terrible thing to get it..................... I used my credit card instead of cash as I normally do these days :crying:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: I'm quite happy! But..... I did a terrible thing to get it..................... I used my credit card instead of cash as I normally do these days :crying:

Oh dearie me....the slippery slope to destitution! "My name is Mike and I'm a helmetaholic"! :lol:

Oh dearie me....the slippery slope to destitution! "My name is Mike and I'm a helmetaholic"! :lol:

Am already there, lol. Between jobs right now, and didn't want to take the short term risk of taking that money out of my dwindling resources. I can string along the CC company for awhile, until I get back to work in the long run.

Nice Hoovie.Great condition as well.Sadly the pads coming off or totally mising is a common occrance with these.I think you have a leg up on most of them I have seen over the years.You still have the pads and a chinstrap as well :thumbsup:

Nice! Hopefully I'll be getting my own soon. I never realized how small these guys were until I handled one. It's in nice shape all things considered :thumbsup:

That's a handy link Sabrejet. Thanks for posting it.

Congrats & Well Done there Mike :thumbsup: Very Nice indeed.

Your getting on there nicely now with your different Model's in Experimental Helmet's.

Regards

Tomás.

The finish on that Model 5 is top notch! Really a beaut, even without the pads. I'm impressed with seeing the 5 and the 2 next to each other - the difference in depth is really noticeable. Nice job.

just-a-good-ole-boy

These are truly awesome helmets, but I sure am glad these didnt become regular production before and during WW2!

Steve

These are truly awesome helmets, but I sure am glad these didnt become regular production before and during WW2!

Steve

I dunno. Always thought they were cool looking little helmets. Imagine them all marked, and painted with insignias/camo. :think:

Nice, I have the will but not the pocket book to add helmets like this one to my collection. Well done :thumbsup:

I am not worthy sir :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just-a-good-ole-boy
I dunno. Always thought they were cool looking little helmets. Imagine them all marked, and painted with insignias/camo. :think:

Oh I like them, dont get me wrong, but I love the shape of a good ole M-1.

Steve

Oh I like them, dont get me wrong, but I love the shape of a good ole M-1.

Steve

:thumbsup: Roger that. There is something about them, ain't there?

Bid, yes. Won, unfortunately no. I gave it a good run, but alas. I'm going to be posting some more images over there in a second.

Shame! Never mind...at least you have the satisfaction of having given it your best shot! What was the final sale price?

A little lower than some of the numbers I've heard tossed out, but still not cheap. I bid it up to $1300 but couldn't bring myself to go any higher because at that price I knew I couldn't keep it. I had the money to go further, but the thought of not keeping it was discouraging. It was an absentee bid that I was up against, so it's not like I could look the guy in the eye and see how badly I was wearing him down.

A little lower than some of the numbers I've heard tossed out, but still not cheap. I bid it up to $1300 but couldn't bring myself to go any higher because at that price I knew I couldn't keep it. I had the money to go further, but the thought of not keeping it was discouraging. It was an absentee bid that I was up against, so it's not like I could look the guy in the eye and see how badly I was wearing him down.

Smart move...beware of "auction fever"! :w00t: