WW2 British-Made Equipment

med-dept

• 2 months later...

Hello
Another "beanie" found this weekend near Paris (France).

The wool is of original red color. This cap has not been tainted after assembly.

phpwmx10.jpgphpnro10.jpg

phpvd710.jpgphpfz510.jpg

On another forum, I was referred to the track of a hairdressing survival signal for pilots and members of crews lost at sea
Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi :)

First, to reply to Bubble L : no more info about the "survival signal" ... sorry

Otherwhise, here's my last find :

an other M1923 cartridge belt with british buckle ... relic of the field and named (marking faded but readable : "KINCAIN - 3....")

Regards :)

p1140817.jpg

p1140818.jpg

p1140819.jpg

p1140816.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great series of pictures! I recently found this British made US pistol belt but it has the British P37 hardware. Seems all the other British made US belts I encounter have the typical US style hardware.

Great series of pictures! I recently found this British made US pistol belt but it has the British style hardware. Seems all the other British made US belts I encounter except for the 1923 cartridge belt have the typical US style hardware.

post-164221-0-99942800-1480814897_thumb.jpg

post-164221-0-10301800-1480814913_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

This 5 cell Thompson pouch is currently on ebay (not mine)...I wanted to add it here for reference. I'e seen the Brit made Thompson drum pouches and the shoulder bags...but not a 5 cell until now. The construction is similar to the US 5 cell, but a little different. I'll post a picture of the flap marking next.

post-83679-0-33113500-1570155269_thumb.jpg

Browninggunner688

These Thompson pouches are really rare, I have only seen two in 30 + years of collecting, one was in a private collection in France and the other is in Ben Majors excellent book on British made for U.S. gear.

One that's on my bucket list of British made gear for the lend lease program.

Nick.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...