Picked Up Three Different Sets of WWII Wings Please Help With ID, Authentication, and Value

19delta-uav

Ok thats about it on the more detailed photos. I know many had asked for more detailed photos to make their final assessment, so please let me know what you think.

If any of you were wondering how the return went (or didn't) here is a letter send out to fellow Pennsylvania collectors.

I wanted to let you know the outcome of some wings I purchased from Wayne Heuer and his actions thereafter. Being pennsylvania collectors you may come across him and i would simply like to caution you from doing business with this man.

I purchased some wings from him at the flea market, and had them checked out by a few guys on a wing forum. The wings were deemed to be fakes from four prominent wing collectors, who all gave separate opinions that the wings were fake.

When I purchased the wings, he gave his guarantee, claiming that they were 100% right. He invited me to his home to remedy the issue. Well when I went to his house today he refused to give a refund, called Becky and I names, threatened to call the police, and insisted that I was "being a baby". When asked to stand up to his guarantee he said that it was not a money back guarantee, it was strictly his guarantee that the wings were real, which makes no sense and is really no guarantee at all since 4 wing collectors told me they were fake. Wayne continuously stated that Duncan Campbell himself authenticated some of these wings.

He insisted that I choose from other wings to take along, which may also be fakes, but regardless of how calm I stayed simply asking for my money back as his guarantee implied, he got more and more aggressive, with more name calling and threatening remarks, called Becky horrible things, and started making up things I never said. Clearly a very unstable man who gave a guarantee he was not willing to stand behind.

Beware, and do not do business with this man.

KEEP IT AS AN EXPERIENCE IN DEALING IN MILITARIA. I HAVE RUN INTO SEVERAL OF THESE HALF BAKED NERDS IN MY COLLECTING DAYS AND YOU DONT DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN. A LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY---- :crying:

KEEP IT AS AN EXPERIENCE IN DEALING IN MILITARIA. I HAVE RUN INTO SEVERAL OF THESE HALF BAKED NERDS IN MY COLLECTING DAYS AND YOU DONT DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN. A LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY---- :crying:

Yeah I guess so. I've been fortunate in my many years of collecting as he is the first unscrupulous dealer I have come across. I was so nice and polite and when he started resorting to pre school name calling "cry babies" " bottle suckers" he even called us "liberal government democrats" which is weird because I'm a conservative republican. Also he said that this is what's wrong with our generation, we want what we want and will cry till we get it because we're entitled.... I'm sorry but I though a guarantee was an age old promise between two men. He surely is a huge piece of S**t. I'm still pretty heated about it.

I will certainly consider it. I paid him $260 for the three fake wings, he gave me two other wings ad $80 and told me to get off his property before he called the police. What a piece of work.

Update: the two wings I got are good. A sterling pin back bombardier and a sterling pinback navigator. That basically means I paid $90 each for wings that are worth $50 each on the market. I guess I consider that $80 loss a blessing considering that piece of trash was trying to say I have no proof he ever sold them to me and was going to send me away with the fakes. I hope there's a special little place in hell for people like Wayne and those who do business like him.

Update: the two wings I got are good. A sterling pin back bombardier and a sterling pinback navigator. That basically means I paid $90 each for wings that are worth $50 each on the market. I guess I consider that $80 loss a blessing considering that piece of trash was trying to say I have no proof he ever sold them to me and was going to send me away with the fakes. I hope there's a special little place in hell for people like Wayne and those who do business like him.

Man, what a tool. Sorry about that, but imagine what collecting wings were like BEFORE the forums!!! Take him to small claims court, a verbal contract is just as binding as a written one.

Keep us informed.

I know him but never bought from him.

I can't imagine a grown man pulling that off.

Oh yes I can there are a lot of people who throw a fit to get out from honoring their lies.

NOT being a prominent wing collector, but owning some VERY prominent wings, I can say you got away very cheaply!

Nobody likes to be taken advantage of, especially when you think you can trust a person by reputation. Sometimes, a seller makes an honest mistake, nobody is perfect. This is not the case with this guy, and I would also expose him for what he is.

My advise is to keep your business dealings with honest sellers, like the guys on the forum. Also, ask questions before buying. The prominent wing collectors that you have mentioned here, have helped me tremendously with my high-end collection, saving me tens of thousands of dollars.

Good luck with the outcome of this situation, and stay positive about collecting wings. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice and support. I'm heading to the flea market tomorrow to let everyone know what this guy is all about. He told me that since he's known all these people for 30 years that they would believe him and not me. I told him I doubt that as I have a very good name in the local collecting community. We'll see though. This guy probably made me come to his house because he intended on screwing me the whole time and didn't want to do it infront of people at the flea market. I can't wait to turn his name into mud tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
I paid him $260 for the three fake wings, he gave me two other wings ad $80 and told me to get off his property before he called the police. What a piece of work.

The fact that he gave you $80 and two additional wings to make up for pieces he claimed were good tells you all you need to know.

The guy we are talking about is not even a real dealer.

He buys and sells junk at the flea market to fund his hunting fishing hobby. He sells out the back of his car

I'm inclined to say that he probably didn't know they were fake. He might turn up some military items at a yard sale but he is no expert.

My guess is that he got them in a trade.

And on top of it all when he was a little boy he got a blue bicycle when he wanted a red one. He's still ticked off and took it out on you.

Time for him to grow up. You ain't young no mur.