"WW1 Ammo Belt German Field Gear War Bird WWI maybe WWII WW2 Antique Original

Sabrejet

I recently read a post in which the author said he invested quite a bit of time deep-surfing eBay looking for items of US militaria which had been wrongly categorized or mis-identified in the hope of finding some bargains.

I came across this rather bizarrely captioned item earlier today which appears to have been mis-identified. It is, in fact, a US WW1 rifle belt (albeit well-used) with an interesting stencil. It appears to be a Phoenix, similar in outline to the Veterans' Administration symbol. Maybe there's an NG connection? :think:

Anyway, it's only bid up to $10 so might be worth monitoring? (If anyone can upload the pics, please feel free to do so. Thanks!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150889862342;jse...%3D1#ht_500wt_1

I recently read a post in which the author said he invested quite a bit of time deep-surfing eBay looking for items of US militaria which had been wrongly categorized or mis-identified in the hope of finding some bargains.

I came across this rather bizarrely captioned item earlier today which appears to have been mis-identified. It is, in fact, a US WW1 rifle belt (albeit well-used) with an interesting stencil. It appears to be a Phoenix, similar in outline to the Veterans' Administration symbol. Maybe there's an NG connection? :think:

Anyway, it's only bid up to $10 so might be worth monitoring? (If anyone can upload the pics, please feel free to do so. Thanks!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150889862342;jse...%3D1#ht_500wt_1

Maybe a foreign army property marking. A country that recieved US aid.

Polish volunteer?

Who knows, who knows... all is possible. Maybe not a "volunteer" but regular one? Frankly speaking I have never heard that the Polish Army re-stencilled the US field gear bought in the USA by the authorities of the 2nd Republic of Poland (interwar period + WWII, now we have 3rd Republic) but who knows -- due to Hitler & Stalin Company our military archives are not complete and nobody knows such details today.

Here is the official design of the Military Eagle of Armed Forces of the 2nd Republic of Poland -- in theory it looked like in this drawing, but in theory. In fact there were various variations.