Ink & Watercolor Sketches

RCleary171

Hello, your drawings never cease to amaze me ... it's like there's life in them B)

Thank you very much! Someone on another website provided some information on this piece of head armor:

It's a WWI tank drivers protective face mask. It was designed to protect the face from rounds and shell fragments that would get through the vision slits of the tank (a problem solved with the advent of bullet proof glass).

Bob

Nice work, I do have a couple of questions for you. How large are the sketches which we see, and how long would you say it takes between start to finish?

RC

Nice work, I do have a couple of questions for you. How large are the sketches which we see, and how long would you say it takes between start to finish?

RC

RC,

I use 9 x 12 inch paper. But I use wide margins so most of my stuff fits on an 8 x 10 mat. As for time I'm not very patient; usually 15 to 45 minutes per picture.

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I used to do a little drawing but gave it up a long time ago, I wanted to start charcoal sketches but didn't have the time. Maybe I will try again, nothing to lose I guess.

RC

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I used to do a little drawing but gave it up a long time ago, I wanted to start charcoal sketches but didn't have the time. Maybe I will try again, nothing to lose I guess.

RC

Excellent idea; a great hobby that doesn't cost a great deal. And I would not mind seeing your work published.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool Sketches Bob, I love them!

Thanks Markus!

There is a sketch of the Battle of Loos 1915; British Troops advancing after a gas attack.

BattleofLoos_zps3da1991a.jpg