Ink & Watercolor Sketches

RCleary171

You have a style I appreciate. In RVN I was known for my art skills. I made some caricatures for my fellow pilots, a "Lil Annie Fannie" locker cover which some grunts took to the field and left my belongings intact, the commanders logo on one of our ships doors. Recently tried to do some pencil of Detroit tigers players I took photos of. Doesn't come as easy any more.

You have a style I appreciate. In RVN I was known for my art skills. I made some caricatures for my fellow pilots, a "Lil Annie Fannie" locker cover which some grunts took to the field and left my belongings intact, the commanders logo on one of our ships doors. Recently tried to do some pencil of Detroit tigers players I took photos of. Doesn't come as easy any more.

Thanks - sports are a great source of sketching material. I tried a few generic studies a while back but I will get back to baseball and soccer sketching when things settle down (if that is ever going to happen).

Batter_zps1d464931.jpg

RustyCanteen

This subject was taken from a Battle of Bull run reenactment photo.

BullRun_zps0e045e16.jpg

I like that, nice work!

Thanks for posting your work,

RC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Nice artwork mate, they do look like the scetches i have seen about battlefield art that is done as prolims before the art is finalized,

good effort. i have posted some of my artwork here on the forum in the past, not sure where it is now though.

Best of luck to you.

Dave.

Hi Bob,

Nice artwork mate, they do look like the scetches i have seen about battlefield art that is done as prolims before the art is finalized,

good effort. i have posted some of my artwork here on the forum in the past, not sure where it is now though.

Best of luck to you.

Dave.

Thanks Dave - I would like to see your stuff. I'll see if I can locate the thread.

Bob

I love the hand on the butt of the rifle in the Battle of Bull Run picture.

Hands are very hard to do.

Your fingers look so natural very well done.

I love the hand on the butt of the rifle in the Battle of Bull Run picture.

Hands are very hard to do.

Your fingers look so natural very well done.

Thanks - many a fine picture of mine was ruined when I got to the "Hands" part. Now I do the hands first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Great drawing i have just looked at more on your thread, I noticed you have done some from the civil war they look really good, i have an ancester Cpl Albert Pendrill 14th Brooklyn N.Y.S.M, killed at Little round top Gettysburg 1st july 1863. So you see i am very inerested in that war, i also had a commission for a guy in the U.S for a portrait of a soldier k.I.A Vietnam, he was PFT Raymond Eugene Kramer KIA 2nd Feb 1968, he was 21 yrs old, strangly enough 2nd Feb 1968 was my 20th birthday. i have nearly finished this pic but the man who wanted it has not been intouch for a while now, i will post it on here for you to see when it is done,

Keep up the good work.

Dave.

Hi Bob,

i would like to know, i see you have put into your thread some work of Germans ect is it ok to put on a thread of drawing i have done of British troops i have some i did in Northern Ireland back in the 70,s / 80,s, in Belfast. As it is a U.S forum i was not sure if other than U.S, could be put on.

Dave.

Hi Bob,

Great drawing i have just looked at more on your thread, I noticed you have done some from the civil war they look really good, i have an ancester Cpl Albert Pendrill 14th Brooklyn N.Y.S.M, killed at Little round top Gettysburg 1st july 1863. So you see i am very inerested in that war, i also had a commission for a guy in the U.S for a portrait of a soldier k.I.A Vietnam, he was PFT Raymond Eugene Kramer KIA 2nd Feb 1968, he was 21 yrs old, strangly enough 2nd Feb 1968 was my 20th birthday. i have nearly finished this pic but the man who wanted it has not been intouch for a while now, i will post it on here for you to see when it is done,

Keep up the good work.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your work.

Hi Bob,

i would like to know, i see you have put into your thread some work of Germans ect is it ok to put on a thread of drawing i have done of British troops i have some i did in Northern Ireland back in the 70,s / 80,s, in Belfast. As it is a U.S forum i was not sure if other than U.S, could be put on.

Dave.

Good question - I don't know the rules but I would be interested in seeing your work.