Ink & Watercolor Sketches

RCleary171

We have some serious talent on this forum! I am following this thread closely. Thanks for posting.

Justin

Justin,

I agree, people's talent always surprises me. I wish I had some kind of talent that could compare with this. I am always humbled,

Very nice! How long does it generally take you to draw one of these start to finish?

This last picture took about 30 minutes: a quick pencil sketch, ink then paint.

You are prolific as well as creative and skilled. You have a great knack for distilling an image down to what is essential to communicate a mood or story. The empty space allows the painted image to pop out and connect with the viewer quickly... Keep at it and keep posting. I enjoy seeing your work.

Tom

Hi Bob,

Very nice illustrations you have put on i like to see artwork on here as well as items of collections, I have some of my art on here but put on some time ago. One is the raising the flag on Iwo Jima, that was sold to a member in SF,

i hope to see more of yours.

Regards Dave.

When i was younger I tried my hand at water color and ink drawing. I did not get very far at it. I understand how hard it is to get the shading done properly. You have developed your own style and that is what an artist strives for. I really like the one of the GI with his hands in his pockets and a cigarette dangeling from his lips. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Steve

Thanks Steve - I like the way that soldier came out too. So, if you want to give it a try this would be a great place to try your hand at a little sketching and painting. It's a great hobby.

Bob

I picked up a used book of Winslow Homer's early works (his Civil War Soldier sketches are a great source of inspiration). Needless to say I am trying to mimic his simple yet bold style. Here is a study of a US soldier landing on a beach.

post-83546-1349310782.jpg

Here is a mono-chrome study of a French Soldier (photo take at Verdun)

post-83546-0-29705500-1350182932_thumb.jpg

I like your work very much ... and this last one of the french soldier particularly, as he could have been my grand grand father. More than the details, you succeed in reproducing the atmosphere.

Would you allow me to print and frame it ?

I like your work very much ... and this last one of the french soldier particularly, as he could have been my grand grand father. More than the details, you succeed in reproducing the atmosphere.

Would you allow me to print and frame it ?

Thank you very much and yes you may print it. I'll send you a larger file if you need it.

Bob