Ink & Watercolor Sketches

RCleary171

Hello Group,

This seems to be the best place to post my work. These aren't models but they are on topic artistic renderings.

Here is a sketch of a recon group on a hill in Vietnam.

Bob

post-83546-1346506834.jpg

Bob you have a talent.

Amazing color draws you in and, though it is war, there seems to be a peace about it.

I hope you post more.

M

Good to see your stuff which is very reminiscent of actual war art I've seen. Also good to see a fellow artist here. :thumbsup:

Mind if I add? I did this for my son.

post-2582-1346898436.jpg

Nice job - is this ink or pencil. Great detail and shadowing.

Good to see your stuff which is very reminiscent of actual war art I've seen. Also good to see a fellow artist here. :thumbsup:

Mind if I add? I did this for my son.

Thought I'd give a Huey a try. I'll need to work on my landscape skills.

post-83546-1346902344.jpg

Really like this one. Your work is really good, very subtle but extremely effective.

I choose the army over an art scholarship. While not US we would not have a military were it not for enemies. Ball point pen shaded with my finger.

post-2582-1346905782.jpg

Here is a recent enemy sketch of my own. The expression is what I attempted to capture (exhaustion, weariness). Your sketch is an excellent rendering of a grim soldier. The detail and shading are very effective. I have a lot to learn and studying works like yours will help.

post-83546-1346927567.jpg

Here is a recent enemy sketch of my own. The expression is what I attempted to capture (exhaustion, weariness). Your sketch is an excellent rendering of a grim soldier. The detail and shading are very effective. I have a lot to learn and studying works like yours will help.

post-83546-1346927567.jpg

This is fantastic! Love it!!

Thank you Jeff and Justin!

Here is a sketch I did a few months ago from a photo. I tried to capture the dignity that was afforded to this fallen comrade in no-man's land.

post-83546-1346988094.jpg

hi Bob, nice Job on those colored sketches, you definetly have talent. How long have you been doing them now? Many years ago I was a illustrator in the army stationed at West Point doing a variety of art and have always admired someone else creating "war art" of their own.

Hello Hank,

I've been experimenting with pencil, ink and watercolors for little more than two years. What type illustrations have you done? It would be great to see some of your work.

Bob