WWII US NAVY FLIGHT JACKETS M-422, M-422A , M-421A , M-445A , AN-J-3A , AN-6552

KASTAUFFER

I used to have an M-422 but I sold it like an idiot. Mine was made by Monarch. I doubt I will find another.

Kurt

• 3 months later...
this is an old post but i was wondering if someone could help me with this M-445 jacket, would it be original

The condition looks a little rough, but it looks good to me.

Kurt

• 1 month later...

I have another 20 M-422A that I need to take pictures of and post here. I will try to do so as soon as possible. THis thread is amazing. Please post your Navy flight jackets.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful jackets, Tom. It's always a pleasure to see such historical stuffs. I have already posted my three poor post war G-1. So I must find another to share with you! :thumbsup:

Franck

Very nice jackets !!!! I love M421a with 3 pockets and name stamps!!!! When I comeback to home , will post my one with 4 pockets....

Thanks for photos !!!!

Regards,

Jerry K.

Very nice jackets !!!! I love M421a with 3 pockets and name stamps!!!! When I comeback to home , will post my one with 4 pockets....

Thanks for photos !!!!

Regards,

Jerry K.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your M-421A

Hi.

Sorry for dealy I was out of home and could'nt take my photos...

Here is my jacket M6551... for bad without any story:((((

Enjoy,

Jerry K.

post-369-1265556540.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally found myself a nice example of a Gordon & Ferguson Co. contract M-422A (used but not abused. I would rather have a jacket a pilot wore than an un-issued one) . I still have some research to do on the pilot. It is marked USN in white under the collar.

DSCN4466.jpg

Will it fit me? (hint, hint)

Size 36 . This rounds out my M-422a collection too! I now have 5 different contracts including an AN-6552. I need a Monarch M-422 and an AN-J-3.

All the M-422A's I have are pictured in this thread: Willis & Geiger , H&L Block, Gordon & Ferguson, and an Edmund T. Church.

Kurt

Size 36 . This rounds out my M-422a collection too! I now have 5 different contracts including an AN-6552. I need a Monarch M-422 and an AN-J-3.

All the M-422A's I have are pictured in this thread: Willis & Geiger , H&L Block, Gordon & Ferguson, and an Edmund T. Church.

Kurt

The AN-J-3 is going to be hard to find and they're not marked or labeled from what I've seen. However, you might peruse the "Vintage Leather Jackets" forum for more information. As for the M-422, you're probably going to pay a pretty penny for one of those.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Finally found myself a nice example of a Gordon & Ferguson Co. contract M-422A (used but not abused. I would rather have a jacket a pilot wore than an un-issued one) . I still have some research to do on the pilot. It is marked USN in white under the collar.

post-105-1281061418.jpg

Kurt, Did you get this jacket? I was watching the auction as well :)

I agree with Baz, this one should stay pinned.

Here's one more WW2 Navy jacket from my collection to add to the thread. Nice size 44 G&F M-422A.

that's a nice one. I love the G&F M-422As. I had the same one size 44 also but I sold it awhile back. I still have a size 42 G&F that is in super shape and named to a commander. I should post pics of it.

Thanks for sharing.