37th Division Chaplains Group

37thguy

Picked this up several weeks ago from a forum member here but havent had the time to take pics till yesterday when I set up my annual display for the 37th Divisions Reunion. Hat has been added for display purposes.

Heres some info:

Uniform worn by Chaplain Major

(then Captain) Earle C. Hochwald, O-495414.

Chaplain Hochwald was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, and two Purple Hearts

for courageous acts on Bougainville and Luzon. Chaplain Hochwalds home address was 63 Pearl St, Middleboro, MA during his service.

I'm very proud to be the caretaker of this uniform group and medals. Having a Chaplains uniform from both World Wars in the 37th Division is quite a thrill.

[/size][/b]

post-729-1345999855.jpg

Awesome group.

Where do you find something like that ? ( The forum )

Has got to be really rare.

Thanks for posting it.

The WW1 uniform was in a trade years ago with a friend of mine. The WW2 was offered to me after I had contacted the former owner when he originally displayed it here. Several months later it became available.

I did a display for them in 2003 up at Camp Perry...got to spend a lot of time with Chaplain Heindl (DSC)...he was a really neat guy!

Mark sends

Now Mark, you know that I like these uniforms! It's even more awesome that they are back in their namesake state! You can be proud of these!!!

Now Mark, you know that I like these uniforms! It's even more awesome that they are back in their namesake state! You can be proud of these!!!

Very much so. :thumbsup:

Mark, that is one fantastic uniform! And a very rare one being that it is a chaplin. You sure come up with some good ones.

Great addition to your 37th Div collection! I'm curious what denomination was this chaplain? On the same note I'm hoping to add a Timberwolf Chaplain one day, so this has actually given me some hope! Haha! Congrats

I love it.

How many of the old timers were there? When I did the 32nd reunions it was liking haveing a bunch of uncles to tell me stories. I bet it is the same with you.

Bob