Ammo Belt - Pre-WWI???

SA1794

What you have is a post 1906 model 1903 infantry belt. The pockets are reenforced at the bottm to keep the pointed 30-06 bullet tip from poking through the pocket bottom. At some point the official designation changed to model 1909 but the belt is the same. Looks like a nice cleen belt. If you look at the belt ends at the metal tips there may be the Mills buttet logo and some patt. dates. If so then the belt was mae by Mills and if not it is a Russell belt. Nice belt.

Bob

Thanks Bob:

the metal at the end of the belt reads

PATENTED

Jan 29 01 May 21 07

MAR 29 04 MILLS July 16 07

April 18 05 July 30 07

"Mills" is inside the outline if a bullet

Very nice belt. I have one that has one snap detached. I never snap those old ones. Be careful when you are playing with it.

Bob

Very nice belt. I have one that has one snap detached. I never snap those old ones. Be careful when you are playing with it.

Bob

I have to admit I did try it on tonight ;) Any idea what the printing is on the belt?

Collectors commonly reffer to these as Eagle snap belts .Yours being early rimless snaps.The follwing pattern have rimmed snaps then the lift the dots snaps on later models as the belts changed

The printing is for the unit and individual soldier it was issed to. Looks like yours was issued to a Signal Corps guy.

Bob