Ebay at it again...

hawkdriver

Just got this as a message:

Updated provisions governing how disputes between eBay and eBay users are resolved.

• The User Agreement contains an Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you and eBay to submit claims to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate by November 9, 2012. Unless you opt-out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against eBay on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.

When you go to the agreement to arbitrate page, it says you have to write your own "Opt-Out" note, and mail it to them before November 9th or else you permanently loose your right to join a class action lawsuit. I'm thinking a good lawyer could tear it apart, but it's another attempt to limit what you can do against the huge conglomerate.

Just got this as a message:

Updated provisions governing how disputes between eBay and eBay users are resolved.

• The User Agreement contains an Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you and eBay to submit claims to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate by November 9, 2012. Unless you opt-out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against eBay on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.

When you go to the agreement to arbitrate page, it says you have to write your own "Opt-Out" note, and mail it to them before November 9th or else you permanently loose your right to join a class action lawsuit. I'm thinking a good lawyer could tear it apart, but it's another attempt to limit what you can do against the huge conglomerate.

you need to be a lawyer just to understand it. ;)

basically it means you agree not to join in any class action suits against them - considering that only lawyers make money from class actions, that's not such a big deal

basically it means you agree not to join in any class action suits against them - considering that only lawyers make money from class actions, that's not such a big deal

This is so true, everyone should learn about what a "class action" suite is, and WHO benefits from them!!

This is so true, everyone should learn about what a "class action" suite is, and WHO benefits from them!!

As long as it's taking money back out of eBay's pocket, I don't really care. Anytime I hear someone has their fingers in their pocket, that is a positive, no matter where the money goes. :thumbsup:

I was in several class action lawsuits. The one against Kodak netted me a new camera and a $20.00 gift card. That was back in the 80's. Then there was my most recent winnings against Dell, the one netted me cold hard cash in the whopping amount of $1.09. It came in a large envelope with delivery confirmation. Cost to deliver my settlement: $1.24. Somehow I feel like any class action that I'd ever enter into with eBay would bring similar results. So, this notice from eBay really means very little to me.

...... I feel like any class action that I'd ever enter into with eBay would bring similar results.....

Minus their commission, of course.

As long as it's taking money back out of eBay's pocket, I don't really care. Anytime I hear someone has their fingers in their pocket, that is a positive, no matter where the money goes. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

Ya, my class action agains eBay got me a dollar something, but they still had to make the effort to pay me, swelled my heart!

I look at it the same way. I may not get much but dangit, I'm gonna make them work for it!