1st Group berets & Special Warfare jacket from an early Advisor

wartimecollectables.com

wartimecollectables.com

Eugene Benjamin Bush is found in Steve Sherman's "Who's Who 1st SFG" He served from Nov. 1962 to May 1963 as a medic with Det. B210 in Pleiku. His berets both feature the cut edge flash of the 1st Special Forces Group. One beret has an Asian made name tape with ss# sewn to a tailor shop added silk lining, the other beret is an early Canadian made beret, date obscured by the damage to the lining, and features the early 'skull' pattern crest and has some kind of tag, I assume laundry, attached. The fatigue is the early OG-107 that pre-dated the slant pocket jungle jacket. Thought I'd share, this fella was there early! Still researching!

bushberet8.jpg

bushberet5.jpg

bushberet2.jpg

bushberet3.jpg

bushberet6.jpg

bushberet7.jpg

bushberet4.jpg

Hello, neat grouping. Sent you a PM.

Eugene Benjamin Bush is found in Steve Sherman's "Who's Who 1st SFG" He served from Nov. 1962 to May 1963 as a medic with Det. B210 in Pleiku. His berets both feature the cut edge flash of the 1st Special Forces Group. One beret has an Asian made name tape with ss# sewn to a tailor shop added silk lining, the other beret is an early Canadian made beret, date obscured by the damage to the lining, and features the early 'skull' pattern crest and has some kind of tag, I assume laundry, attached. The fatigue is the early OG-107 that pre-dated the slant pocket jungle jacket. Thought I'd share, this fella was there early! Still researching!

bushberet8.jpg

bushberet5.jpg

bushberet2.jpg

bushberet3.jpg

bushberet6.jpg

bushberet7.jpg

bushberet4.jpg

Hi,

Very nice grouping! Black embroidered name tags sewn insider berets seem to be typical from the 1st SFG Abn during the mid 60's.

Cheers

V

wartimecollectables.com
Hi,

Very nice grouping! Black embroidered name tags sewn insider berets seem to be typical from the 1st SFG Abn during the mid 60's.

Cheers

V

Thanks for that bit, didn't realize that. Yes, Service number... brain fart! Filled out too many back to school forms this week! Surprised I didn't say it was his student i.d.!