*** Aircraft Production Photographs ***

General Apathy

That's a superb archive Ken...thanks for the link! The mass-production of warbirds on both sides of the Atlantic was no mean feat! :thumbsup:

General Apathy
Great pictures! Thanks so much for showing this to us!

.....Kat

Hi Kat, nice to hear that you checked out the link I posted, I thought it was a stunning set of photos.

ken

General Apathy
Mikey likes it!

Thank you

Hi Bluehawk, thanks, it's appreciated that you added comment after viewing the link, pleased you liked it. :lol: :thumbsup:

ken

General Apathy
Willow Run. This ties in nicely!

Ian, thanks for adding another link to this topic of aircraft production during WWII, thanks for the earlier comment also. ;)

ken

General Apathy
Thanks for posting the stuff photos and video of aircraft production, I wonder if we could do that again if we had to.

Hi third herd, it sent shivers down my spine when I first looked at those photographs and the size and scale of the operation to produce so many aircraft, and the thought was also with me ' was it a different time and place and could it all be done again if it had to be '. And most of the people that did this are virtually all sadly gone now from that different time and place

Thanks for joining in with your comments

ken

I've been in two of the old plants, the Martin Bomber plant at Offutt where they built B-26's and B-29's including the Enola Gay which had offices in it in the 1970's. At Tinker AFB, the building is a mile and a quarter long and was used to for aircraft modification when I was there. I had to get a computer print out every so often from and office on the side. If would get lost and have to go out and find the right door and try again.

Besides that great link you posted I went back to the root URL and there is an even greater treasure of stories and more. Thanks for keeping me up late while I'm so absorbed.

General Apathy

Hi JS, rr01, gil, doinwork, thank you all for taking the time to view this topic and the link and for your comments :lol: :thumbsup:

ken

General Apathy
FANTASTIC!!!!!

I really love WWII colour pictures and especially from bombers.

Thanks for sharing, Ken :twothumbup:

Hi Sjef, pleased you enjoyed it thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup:

ken

Johnny Signor

Amazing photos, also amazing to think of how many of each of them there were made and now how very few of any of them still exist !