WWII "Unite for Victory" felt banner

Flashlarue

I am being offered the green felt banner and I am wondering what to offer for it. It is 18X13 double sided and appears to be in very good condition. Marching soldiers, flying airplanes, Uncle Sam, eagle, flag, Statue of Liberty, and the US capital plus the pledge of allegiance. It looks good but is it too good and maybe a repro? Has anyone seen this before? If it is the real deal what would it be worth?

banner.jpg

I'm not sure how to price this, as this is a fairly unique item. There is a market for Home Front items, but this is one of those niche areas where it is hard to generalize.

I'd suggest looking on eBay to see what similar Home Front items may have sold for. Try to get a gauge for average prices and don't get swayed by any excessive bidding on any one particular item.

As far as being a reproduction, I'm not aware that anyone is bothering to reproduce these. This would appeal to a very limited market, and setting up the multicolor print job on felt probably would not be worth the effort. I'd say based on your photo it is real.

As far as condition, it looks a bit faded, and there seems to be some cracking on the paint. (Look at Uncle Sam's forearm.) But then again, this would be common for an item that old and on this type of material. Being double sided is unusual, as normally something like this would be hung on a wall. Perhaps it was meant for a store front window to be viewed from both inside and out.