ACH questions

bheskett

I have a couple questions reagrding the ACH that is cuurently in use

1) What is the little flap on the back fo? And does anyone have a pic of it being used

2) Are there any in white snow cammo. If yes where can I find one?

Thanks Bob

flap on the back were intended for routing communication wires of Land warrior System. The system wasn't fielded in its complete components, but the flap still remains as a general purpose communication flap ("The communications flap is used to store cables from the headset that is

sometimes used with the helmet." is what is stated on the manual). I've seen them used as NVG mount covers by mounting the cover the opposite way it should be.

All white covers exists, made by CGF (so i am inclined to say they were intended for earlier MICH helmets)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARTIC-HELMET-COVER...=item2561dda199

flap on the back were intended for routing communication wires of Land warrior System. The system wasn't fielded in its complete components, but the flap still remains as a general purpose communication flap ("The communications flap is used to store cables from the headset that is

sometimes used with the helmet." is what is stated on the manual). I've seen them used as NVG mount covers by mounting the cover the opposite way it should be.

All white covers exists, made by CGF (so i am inclined to say they were intended for earlier MICH helmets)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARTIC-HELMET-COVER...=item2561dda199

Thanks I just grabbed the last one. At 13 dollars It will fill the whole until I find an original if this is not. I don't see the IR squares so maybee a repop. That pretty much answers my questions.

Bob

sir, being MICH covers (not later ACH) they are without ir tabs (both this one and the reversible woodland/desert too). They are made only in 1 size (M/L), too, Ach covers being either S/M or L/XL size. ACH cover in white were not made, this is the only style available. The one you bought is original 100%.

FYI, MICH was the earlier designation for helmet present in Special Forces SPEAR Kits (since 1998), ACH was the name they were given when they became general issue in 2004. Of course this can be explained a lot deeper than i just did (Contracts, shell colors, NSNs, sizes, contractors, proper nomenclature, Pads thickness, Chinstrap colors.....).

sir, being MICH covers (not later ACH) they are without ir tabs (both this one and the reversible woodland/desert too). They are made only in 1 size (M/L), too, Ach covers being either S/M or L/XL size. ACH cover in white were not made, this is the only style available. The one you bought is original 100%.

FYI, MICH was the earlier designation for helmet present in Special Forces SPEAR Kits (since 1998), ACH was the name they were given when they became general issue in 2004. Of course this can be explained a lot deeper than i just did (Contracts, shell colors, NSNs, sizes, contractors, proper nomenclature, Pads thickness, Chinstrap colors.....).

Good Job... well stated :thumbsup: