"Combat Infantryman Badge 1943-1975"

MFT3

This is the book I have always wanted to write! After years of research of War Department, Department of Defense, U.S. Army, Institute of Heraldry, and National Archive files, I have put together the most complete and comprehensive book concerning the Combat Infantryman Badge. All information is footnoted to the source.

Unique information and photographs were also gathered from CEOs and workers of the manufacturers that produced the Combat Infantryman Badge.

The many myths that have arisen over the years about the CIB are corrected or dispelled using actual government documents as the reference, with many of the documents shown. Manufacturers and their products are discussed in detail, with variations shown. Bullion, cloth, and miniatures are featured as to their origin and wear. Interesting early Institute of Heraldry designs are also featured.

“Combat Infantryman Badge 1943-1975” is the most thorough book on the subject. It is a soft cover, ten and one half inches by seven inches book that consists of 133 color pages and printed on archival paper.

Price is $39.00, which includes postage. Foreign postage is $7.

post-16479-1345237952.jpg

I have had a few questions sent to me about the book. Here are the answers:

1. Clutch and pin-back badges are discussed.

2. The history of the CIBs with separately applied rifles are explained.

3. The complete story behind the gold 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th awards is included.

Thank you.

You can get the book through me at this time. My PayPal address is:

[email protected]

It will be on Amazon in September.

ISBN: 0-9658546-6-3

Thanks. I'm in the UK so probably logistically easier for me to go via Amazon/UK.

I have been asked if I will take personal checks. Yes I will. Please make them out to Michael Tucker and mail to:

Michael Tucker

PO Box 881663

Port St. Lucie, FL 34988

Thank you!

post-16479-1345475363.jpg

I just got my copy in today's mail! :thumbsup:

To say I am impressed by the depth of the research is an understatement. There are many myths and 'general knowledge' misconceptions cleared up by this book by using original documents and correspondence surrounding the creation and distribution of the CIB, the best of all badges! (<----shameless plug)

It is an awesome reference that I believe will serve as the standard reference when discussing or identifying variations/makers. It is not just a visual reference for the collector, although it contains tons of nice pictures of variations. It is a great history of the how the badge came into being. Wether a casual or serious collector of CIBs, this is a must have reference!

Great job Mike! :bravo:

I just got my copy in today's mail! :thumbsup:

To say I am impressed by the depth of the research is an understatement. There are many myths and 'general knowledge' misconceptions cleared up by this book by using original documents and correspondence surrounding the creation and distribution of the CIB, the best of all badges! (<----shameless plug)

It is an awesome reference that I believe will serve as the standard reference when discussing or identifying variations/makers. It is not just a visual reference for the collector, although it contains tons of nice pictures of variations. It is a great history of the how the badge came into being. Wether a casual or serious collector of CIBs, this is a must have reference!

Great job Mike! :bravo:

Travis, thank you for the kind words and the help you provided in the making of this book!

River Patrol

Mike,

If you wouldn't mind, please post a sample page from the VN section. Everything else looks great. I'm sure I'll be getting one at the next show.

Steve

Hi. Do you have a specific availability date for Amazon/UK? When I enter the ISBN it says it doesn't match anything. I believe you mentioned September? Amazon tend to have forthcoming books listed in their system well in advance of publication, but evidently not in this instance. :think: Thanks!