Listed on e bay!

lamebrain

I've seen simular USAF chevron fantasy items on e-bay before. Nope, there not for real. I think it's just somebodys' idea to sell something with a military look possibly for the "fashion", crowd. I've seen kids wearing clothing with insignia that have a quasi-military look and I suspect these phoney stripes are more of the same. JMHO. :think:

• 5 months later...

Hello

The picture is to small to say, it's real or not.

Made for a different country ?

I have seen similar for the Airforce of the Dominican Republic.

http://collectibles.bidstart.com/PAIR-of-DOMINICAN-REPUBLIC-AF-MASTER-SERGEANT-CHEVRONS-/18029428/a.html

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t2703-dominican-republic-air-force-rank-patch

It is also possible that a manufacturer or dealer still has a large residue of old badges and it is ticking over to be able to sell them to?

Or a rare prototype for excellence? ;-)

HAVE A NICE DAY

Michael

They are regular USAF sr. airman chevrons with yellow embroidered stars sewn on them. I know it. I bought them just in case they were an unusual prototype.

They are regular USAF sr. airman chevrons with yellow embroidered stars sewn on them. I know it. I bought them just in case they were an unusual prototype.

Thanks for the information!

craig_pickrall

I have seen several different color combos for Air Force chevrons over the years. I'm not sure why they are always USAF chevrons and not some other branch that gets copied. A couple of weeks ago I saw a female childs coat for sale that had USAF chevrons. The stripes were hot pink and the field / background was a light pink. The chevrons looked regulation other than the colors. The coat was a puffy nylon made to look like down filled. There were other made up USAF type patches that were normal colors.