In WWII, they were called A-26 Invaders, but between WWII and Vietnam until they were phased out, they were redubbed the B26 with no relation to the previous WWII B-26 Marauder. I heard they flew them for ground attack through Korea and into Vietnam until they literally ran out of parts.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

The aircraft behind it and to the right is a B-29.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The USAF Special Operations boys usede them in Viet Nam for a lot of work ,the Air National Guard units had quite a few of them too ,as did quite a few foriegn air forces, they were a hot ship and well liked by the pilots , you can also see a few of them flying as "fire fighter" types in the movie titled "Always " , a good aircraft flick , has a Catalina also in it !

Johnny

After looking through A-26 serials, I'm fairly sure that this ship was manufactured as A-26B-15-DT, serial number 43-22343.

She was later converted to a TB-26C, served in Japan, and was destroyed in a crash on October 9th, 1955 near Tachikawa.

She had also been involved in another incident the previous year... more info here:

http://www.aviationarchaeology.com/src/dba...&Submit4=Go

Fade to Black...

Steve O. Reno

(formerly BlackWolf3945 here on USMF)

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

HAWKSNESTSig1.jpg

Seeking Curtiss-Wright aircraft photos, especially the P-40, P-36, & O-52...

• 6 years later...

This plane is, as Hawk914 points out, 43-22343. She was the 92nd plane built at the Douglas Tulsa, OK plant and was an A-26B-15-DT model.

She served with the 386th Bomb Group in England during WWII, then was re-allocated to Japan after the war and attached the 13th Bomb Squadron. She was called "The Point" by the squadron due to the emblem on her tail. She had her hard-nose swapped for a glass one, and her older flat-top canopy swapped for a clamshell type. She was eventually stripped of all weapons and used primarily as a transport plane for the unit, carrying supplies and personnel back and forth between bases until she was assigned to a training role after the Korean War ended. I have 4 other pictures of this same aircraft throughout her career. I can tell you that your photo is dated probably from 1950 or very early in 1951. By mid-1951 she had an exclamation point painted on the tail.

INTERESTED IN: Anything to do with the Douglas A-26/B-26 Invader, and the men who flew and crewed them. Photos, Patches, Manuals, anything, and everything.

Units of interest for me, in particular: 5th AF: 3rd Bomb Group, 7th AF: 319 BG, 9th AF: 386th BG, 391st BG, 409th BG, 410th BG, 416th BG, 10th AF: 12th BG, 341st BG, 12th AF: 47th BG, 5th AF: 17th Bomb Wing, 452nd Bomb Wing

1st Special Operations Wing, 606th SOS, 609th SOS, plus all of the ANG and other miscellaneous units.

I'm slowly putting all of my work into a Wiki-based museum, the Invader Historical Foundation - the most complete, most accurate reference for Invaders anywhere. http://claybornglobal.com/IHF/index.php/Main_Page