What kind of dog tag is this?

muddyboots

I picked up a few tags this morning and havn't seen one like this .

ROBERT L. BROWNING

MR.&MRS. H.BROWNING

3501 RALLISTON

DAYTON. OHIO

MU 3264 KK

There is no notch on the tag . And I have the fathers tags .

BROWNING HOMER L

T54 A

P

Any help would be great . I don't have a camera right now and will get one soon to post more tags I have .

May be I could say its for their kid...you know, some times parents use to stamp dog tags for childres when are on vacations in case they miss him...I saw kids with dog tag on their nek with name of parents Cell. number and address...but may be I'm wrong... :huh:

Gio

The address on the tag doesn't exist anymore . I thought of a childs name tag and have looked at dependent tags on this forum . Another thought is next of kin tag because of the address in dayton but I have never seen a next of kin tag from vietnam or after . Ishould not have let my ancestry member ship expire .

I picked up a few tags this morning and havn't seen one like this .

ROBERT L. BROWNING

MR.&MRS. H.BROWNING

3501 RALLISTON

DAYTON. OHIO

MU 3264 KK

There is no notch on the tag . And I have the fathers tags .

BROWNING HOMER L

T54 A

P

Any help would be great . I don't have a camera right now and will get one soon to post more tags I have .

I found an obit for Robert L.

BROWNING, Robert Lee "Butch" Age 69, passed away Wednesday, February 23, 2011. Robert was a Marine. Robert was a loving husband, a great Dad & Grandpa who loved to garden and was an avid NASCAR fan. He is survived by his loving wife of 48 years, Arlene (Shackleford) Browning; daughter, Carol Ann (Paul) Carlile; grandson, Robert Browning; brother, Homer Browning; and by numerous nieces & nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, Nannie & Homer Browning. Funeral services will be held at 7:00 p.m., Monday at Newcomer Funeral Home & Crematory, 4104 Needmore Road, Dayton. The family will be receiving friends from 4:00 p.m. until time of service.

So not out of the question that it is a next of kin tag from his service . Any idea what the MU3264 KK mean ?

I found a possible match for his wife just a mile away from me . The obit is a match because the name of his mother is the name listed for ralliston address . I'm thinking of contacting her to see if the wife is a match and any info on his sevice . Would that be ok . I have never contacted a wife I have always talk to the vets themselves .

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to the wife of robert browning and her nephew had taken the family dog tags and sold them. She was very happy to get them back.