All from the same place. An Army Surplus store that's going out of business. This is the stuff that's been on the walls "not for sale" for many years. It's just the stuff on the trailer, not surrounding it on the floor.

MVC_002S.JPG

MVC_003S.JPG

MVC_004S.JPG

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Nice AAF flack helmet and the litle "Native" guy painted on the leather jacket is the emblem for the 449th Bombardment Squadron of the 322nd Bombardment Group, 8th/9th AAF area of operations and the unit I believe flew B-26 Marauders .

Johnny

Congrats on an extremely impressive haul

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

WOW. Love the haul! Nice 1st Mar Div uniform. been looking for one of those myself for a while now. Is it named?

Mike

A collecter of photographs

Always looking for PTO related photos and photo albums. also looking for 134th CB USN and 711th railroad operating battalion photos and photo albums.

Mike Harpe

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif

Cool finds!

Is it a british machette withe the leather scabbard up the horse brush and the dummy grenade?

Cheers

V

Yes, it's a British machete. Dated 1945.

donation2017.gif

WOW. Love the haul! Nice 1st Mar Div uniform. been looking for one of those myself for a while now. Is it named?

Mike

It is named. I don't have it right here in front of me, but the last name is Swanson.

donation2017.gif

Now that is nice! are the HBTs Swanson's as well? Looks like a very nice grouping all in itself! :thumbsup:

mike

It is named. I don't have it right here in front of me, but the last name is Swanson.

A collecter of photographs

Always looking for PTO related photos and photo albums. also looking for 134th CB USN and 711th railroad operating battalion photos and photo albums.

Mike Harpe

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif

Very nice haul, I think most collectors would be impressed to find that in a year! :thumbsup: I am really digging that 1st MarDiv uniform and that HBT, congrats! :drool2:

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Wouhaou, a USMC marked BAR belt :w00t: ... they don't grow on trees, that's for sure :thumbsup:

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Sorry to hear of yet another surpie closing down their shop. Had a neighbor forced to close recently over a zoning issue. And of course as independent retailers, we are all just a bunch of dinosaurs.

He's a victim of the poor economy (thanks BO) and failing health.

donation2017.gif

WOW those are some awesome stuff!!That bomber jacket is AWESOME!!

To be honest, the bomber jacket itself is junk. The patch was glued on by the surplus store owner. It's an original patch, but it's on a really torn up Navy jacket just for show in the store. I'll probably try to pull the patch off unless cutting the jacket would be better.

donation2017.gif