Sunday's pile

robinb

All from the same place. An Army Surplus store that's going out of business. This is the stuff that's been on the walls "not for sale" for many years. It's just the stuff on the trailer, not surrounding it on the floor.

MVC_002S.JPG

MVC_003S.JPG

MVC_004S.JPG

Johnny Signor

Nice AAF flack helmet and the litle "Native" guy painted on the leather jacket is the emblem for the 449th Bombardment Squadron of the 322nd Bombardment Group, 8th/9th AAF area of operations and the unit I believe flew B-26 Marauders .

Johnny

Cool finds!

Is it a british machette withe the leather scabbard up the horse brush and the dummy grenade?

Cheers

V

No, no, no. You don't just find that stuff, I think you are out bumping off collectors. Are we missing anyone from the board lately? ;) AT-4s don't just fall out of the sky! By the way, I have flares for that flare pistol.

Cool finds!

Is it a british machette withe the leather scabbard up the horse brush and the dummy grenade?

Cheers

V

Yes, it's a British machete. Dated 1945.

WOW. Love the haul! Nice 1st Mar Div uniform. been looking for one of those myself for a while now. Is it named?

Mike

It is named. I don't have it right here in front of me, but the last name is Swanson.

Now that is nice! are the HBTs Swanson's as well? Looks like a very nice grouping all in itself! :thumbsup:

mike

It is named. I don't have it right here in front of me, but the last name is Swanson.

Very nice haul, I think most collectors would be impressed to find that in a year! :thumbsup: I am really digging that 1st MarDiv uniform and that HBT, congrats! :drool2:

Philip

Sorry to hear of yet another surpie closing down their shop. Had a neighbor forced to close recently over a zoning issue. And of course as independent retailers, we are all just a bunch of dinosaurs.

Sorry to hear of yet another surpie closing down their shop. Had a neighbor forced to close recently over a zoning issue. And of course as independent retailers, we are all just a bunch of dinosaurs.

He's a victim of the poor economy (thanks BO) and failing health.

WOW those are some awesome stuff!!That bomber jacket is AWESOME!!

To be honest, the bomber jacket itself is junk. The patch was glued on by the surplus store owner. It's an original patch, but it's on a really torn up Navy jacket just for show in the store. I'll probably try to pull the patch off unless cutting the jacket would be better.