• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my modest helmet collection

Finally I'm finnished the constuction of our new house and I can libirate my helmets from them shippng boxes. I started realley getting into helmets at the start of 2011. Here are some overall pics detailed pics and info will follow.

thx for looking and thx for al the stuff I learned here already.

Joachim

dscn1968cu.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-13

dscn1972w.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-13

dscn1971d.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-13

dscn1969d.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-13

dscn1970s.jpg

Shot at 2012-08-13

Man I sure would hate to see you not being modest! Thats a super good looking display! I love the way you have them displayed to the inside like that..what are they resting on to do that? Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

Man I sure would hate to see you not being modest! Thats a super good looking display! I love the way you have them displayed to the inside like that..what are they resting on to do that? Good stuff! :thumbsup:

THX for the kind words, a fellow forum member sells these plexiglass cilinder formed bases that do the trick.

Joachim

Looks great...almost interchangeable with mine! :thumbsup:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I see some nice early liners in there. :thumbsup:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

That's a fine bunch of lids for just over 1 year of collecting - looks like a couple of Hawleys, a Hood Rubber, a first model rayon high pressure liner, airborne rigs... All very desirable. You really have an eye for the good stuff.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Nice display!

It's always a pleasure to see his collection than to be a boxes collector! Unfortunately, space in our towns is becomming luxury :crying:

Cheers

Valery

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• 1 year later...

Nice collection and that new display case is pretty cool.

Always looking for uniquely marked helmets, WWI and WWII American Field Service items, WWII and earlier USMC items and named or numbered medals and medal groups.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

post-8016-0-48641800-1578110344.jpeg

That is a very cool display case! 360 degrees of helmets,! ...all you need now is a small electric motor to make it revolve!

Great collection by the way, I love the airborne helmets!

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items

Nice display.

Nice lot of lids too.

You are kind of like me.

You went for quality not necessarily quantity.

I only have around 30.

If I would have kept all of the ones I have had over the years the number would have more than doubled.

I kept trading up less desirable lids for better quality or more rare helmets.

Again, very nice collection.

I like the case it makes a nice helmet display and you have very nice helmets to display.

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Nice collection.

It pays to be very selected in what you buy. I have nearly every variation that was made. My focus is purely WW2 and I'm more than happy with my collection. I was fortunate to pick up all of mine before all the current books came out. At today's prices I couldn't afford to replace my collection. You can have quality and quantity - it just takes patience and available funds.

Of course it is easier when you only focus on one time period. If I had collected across the board my collection wouldn't have been as focussed. There was more variation in WW2 - something that you don't get in later helmets.

Each to their own but more me it's WW2 only.

Rich

Collector of Fixed bail M1 Helmets

https://m.facebook.com/M1Helmet/

"The dreams of Empire lure the hearts of Kings - and so men die" Burma, 1944