anyone drive an Air Force Thiokol 601 snowcat?

wesley

I have a 1963 Thiokol snowcat. It is a former Air Force vehicle. They were first aquired to provide transport in the high artic DEW radar line. They were also used as winter downed pilot rescue. Mine is a complete running, unrestored machine. I want to eventually restore it with markings for K.I. Sawyer B-52 SAC bomber base. This Base was located near me before closing and I know they had a few. That is unless I can find it's original post. I currently use it to get in and out of my hunting camp in winter. Very cool vehicle

post-70339-1344795565.jpg

It has been awhile since I saw Ice station Zebra but were't some of these in the movie? I would love to ride in one sometime. My father in law talked about something like this before . He was in SAC in the early 60's . But he has sinced past away . Cool contraption though.

that is traveling in style to get to your hunting cabin!

man, you'd be able to pack in more gear than you could use on any one hunting trip with that rig.

thanks for posting!

Terry

frederik.geudens
that is traveling in style to get to your hunting cabin!

man, you'd be able to pack in more gear than you could use on any one hunting trip with that rig.

thanks for posting!

Terry

Who needs a hunting cabine with one of these after all? It's a hunting cabine on tracks! :lol: