USMC combat boot for late 70's early 80's

Long Trang

Hey fellas..I'm trying to put together a late 70's early 80's USMC display and I was wondering what the correct boot would be. Thank you! Any photo reference would be most appreciated. I can't find to much regarding footwear of that time.

As I recall they are the black 10 inch(?) type combat boot with the chevron type sole molded to the boo,smooth toe with saran insole insertt.I have a set or two someolace but cant get a picture at the moment.

These be them I do believe after a certain point in the the late 1960s that the Marines started to wear these GI boots, prior to this we know that the Marine Corps had their own unique Combat boots and wore them Corps wide to include South Vietnam, there are also a few topics here in the Uniform Forum that discuss in detail USMC Combat boots of the 50s-60s.

post-34986-1344658023.gif

Yep, absolutely correct, the Charlie Brown weave sole. Most uncomfortable boot I ever wore, hot in the summer and ice cubes in the winter.

You should have tried wearing them for PT like we did back in the day :lol: but on the other hand I don't recall any real problem with them other than the fact when the heels wore down you in essance had to buy a new pair at the clothing sales store as the really could not be repaired like the older Black combat boots or the McNamara boots.

Oh, I did PT in them, one reason my feet, legs, and knees are all jacked up now.

Never bothered me none. :D I allways wondered how we never did have a Army full of gimps and profile cases back in the 50s-60s-70s, afer all they all wore combat boots during PT :think:

You ever been to a retirement home? You had gimps, they just didn't have anyone to either complain to or know where to go to get it properly diagnosed. I call it jacked up, they called it "getting old"

These be them I do believe after a certain point in the the late 1960s that the Marines started to wear these GI boots, prior to this we know that the Marine Corps had their own unique Combat boots and wore them Corps wide to include South Vietnam, there are also a few topics here in the Uniform Forum that discuss in detail USMC Combat boots of the 50s-60s.

Thanks for the pic patches :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...