What shoulder patches have you worn?

Flashlarue

In 23 years of military service I moved around a bit. Here are the shoulder patches I wore.

units.jpg

What patches did you wear?

25 years bouncing from unit to unit and this is the end result. Have all but the TRADOC and Primary Helicopter School patch which are not of significance anyway. Also shown are the aviation pocket patches worn during my service.

Terry

post-6022-1344718511.jpg

post-6022-1344718607.jpg

Only wore one, the "only one" you might say. ;)

1st Infantry Division, 1972-75

browa.jpg

bro1zd.jpg

Were these worn at Riley or as a member of 1st Inf Div Forward ?

Really nice Army patches!! Time for some Navy patches. These are some of my assignments in my 20 years in Naval Aviation.

SANY0214-6.jpg

Hink, I thought you was a Virginia Army National Guardsman from way back :w00t:

Hink, I thought you was a Virginia Army National Guardsman from way back :w00t:

Patches,

You are a funny man !! That is my Dad's DI , I was haze gray and underway!!

Chris

18 years of service. Engineers lead the way! The best Division I served in was 1st Cav, First Team, and the best Battalion that I was in was the 237th Engr. Bn.

post-5782-1344804873.jpg

Spathologist

Ha! "Don't Kick Our Dog"! I spent two months in a Costa Rican cow pasture supporting the 203rd, that unit crest is pretty funny.

Were these worn at Riley or as a member of 1st Inf Div Forward ?

I wore these as a member of the 1st I.D. Forward, 1st I.D. Headquarters at that time was at Göppingen, Germany.

I was with the 4/73rd Armor Bn., stationed at Panzer Kaserne, Böblingen, also stationed there were the 1/16 Inf. Reg. and 1/4 Cav.,

some very crazy times. ;)

panzerkaserneboeblingen.jpg

I wore these as a member of the 1st I.D. Forward, 1st I.D. Headquarters at that time was at Göppingen, Germany.

I was with the 4/73rd Armor Bn., stationed at Panzer Kaserne, Böblingen, also stationed there were the 1/16 Inf. Reg. and 1/4 Cav.,

some very crazy times. ;)

panzerkaserneboeblingen.jpg

And you never came home ! :lol:

And you never came home ! :lol:

Sure I went home, right after I got out, March 25th, 1975, that date I'll never forget. :thumbsup:

I flew back here in '79 for a 3 week vacation, just forgot to go back home. :lol:

Back to the 1st I.D. on "Fort Panzer", 701st Maintenance Bn. was also there, and the 5th PSYOP Bn., but they didn't wear the BRO.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/5th-Psycholo...38151?sk=photos

That was alot of people on that tiny island back then.

Sorry for getting off subject, Patches got me carried away with the "never came home" statement. ;)

I see some pocket patches were added, here's two of mine that I wore, TCQC Tank Gunnery at Grafenwöhr, I'm missing the Distinguished tab for the 1974 patch.

pict0003mpv.jpg

I put my patches on this helmet bag. After 30+ years of knocking around, I had to start putting them on the back.

Mike

post-1038-1345086588.jpg

post-1038-1345086566.jpg

I put my patches on this helmet bag. After 30+ years of knocking around, I had to start putting them on the back.

Mike

post-1038-1345086588.jpg

post-1038-1345086566.jpg

Stuart, whats that interesting one with the Palmetto Tree and Coastal Tab on the second image for? something no doubt associated with a South Carolina unit, SC Army Reserve?

Stuart, whats that interesting one with the Palmetto Tree and Coastal Tab on the second image for? something no doubt associated with a South Carolina unit, SC Army Reserve?

Patches,

It is not actually a US Army patch, it is the recently obsolete SSI for South Carolina State Guard, the tab was for 3rd Brigade, SCSG.

To the right of 3rd Army is the SSI for the Georgia State Defense Force, my latest unit.

Mike

Patches,

It is not actually a US Army patch, it is the recently obsolete SSI for South Carolina State Guard, the tab was for 3rd Brigade, SCSG.

To the right of 3rd Army is the SSI for the Georgia State Defense Force, my latest unit.

Mike

Okay thanks, it was a nice looking patch, found this full color version, this one we see has a differant tab, Highland Brigade, would this element be comprised of units that were station in either the Appalachian Mountains or Blue Ridge Mountains?

post-34986-1345134860.jpg

Not technically a "shoulder patch" since I wore it over my pocket, but I guess it still qualifies.

post-322-1345166659.jpg

Kurt is this actually you shirt the one you wore ?

Hey You were a Hood the same time I was, me May 1980-May 1981, but the reason I ask is about the U.S. ARMY tape, is that the Ribbed Nylon name tape with U.S. ARMY embroidered on it or is a standard OD webb one with the camera playing tricks ? I was in the Cav as you know, but I loved your Divisional Museum, I made the trip over from Cav Country about 4 times to visit it.