a little ebay help here?

jgawne

Ok I know I am probably screwed, but I sold some stuff. Some lady asked a question and them bid them up. Once winning she bcame a NIGHTMARE insiting I was charging too much postage, that she wnated me to make minute examinations of some of the items as she might wish to have me keep some to keep postage down (?), I finally reboxed them all and in cutting out some packing material I was able to get a small box and move down a pount in weight and save her abotu a buck something. Then she moaned she sis not have enough money in her account and oh goodness and all. I just told her if she did nto want it, I'll send it to the 2nd bidder. Oh no!!!!!!! She gets all upset and says even though she will have to pay an overdraft she will follow through.

Now she gets it, and claims there are things from the lot missing (that were never listed nor shown), that the 'ding' I mentioned on it and photographed on it is "a hole" and she's not told me either I refund part or the money, or she will make a not as advertised claim. Which she just filed.

Now, from what I gather I am screwed. that ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer. But I wondered if there was any advice anyone might have in how to deal with this?

I figure it never hurts to ask.

It's customers like this that make the WWII Impression Rants possible!

Sorry to hear about this transaction, it's a nightmare dealing with people and accordingly I don't deal as much as I used to.

I really hope this works out but the way she was acting before the transaction makes me think this isn't going to end good.

Leonardo

Ok I know I am probably screwed, but I sold some stuff. Some lady asked a question and them bid them up. Once winning she bcame a NIGHTMARE insiting I was charging too much postage, that she wnated me to make minute examinations of some of the items as she might wish to have me keep some to keep postage down (?), I finally reboxed them all and in cutting out some packing material I was able to get a small box and move down a pount in weight and save her abotu a buck something. Then she moaned she sis not have enough money in her account and oh goodness and all. I just told her if she did nto want it, I'll send it to the 2nd bidder. Oh no!!!!!!! She gets all upset and says even though she will have to pay an overdraft she will follow through.

Now she gets it, and claims there are things from the lot missing (that were never listed nor shown), that the 'ding' I mentioned on it and photographed on it is "a hole" and she's not told me either I refund part or the money, or she will make a not as advertised claim. Which she just filed.

Now, from what I gather I am screwed. that ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer. But I wondered if there was any advice anyone might have in how to deal with this?

I figure it never hurts to ask.

I would block her and tell her you will tell every person you know on Ebay to block her. If its not a lot of money, I would chalk it up to a cost of doing business. I would however make her wait the maximum amount to time to get her money back by not settling and let Ebay do its thing. It will take a month for that to happen. If you are a power seller, i would call Ebay and go over the case with them though and explain everything to them that you are describing here. They might just side with you, especially if she has pulled this crap before.

Kurt

I would withdraw the money from your Paypal account, and then if Paypal allows, close it down. Then, just open up a new account. I simply would not play by eBay's rules, nor would I allow her to get a dime!

It sounds like a hassle, but I don't negotiate with con artists.

Have you kept all of the pictures and messages back and forth with her? If so, call ebay and talk to them. I did this with a clown who was a royal dick and they nailed his butt.

If you have no proof, then I am afraid you are screwed (as you said). Hope it all works out in your favor.

P.S. Make sure to block her butt so she can not bid on any of your items again.

I have decided she is just crazy. Sadly, I don't think anyone from ebay will talk to me as I stopped selling a while ago for just this same reason!

Now I need to decide if I just tell her to send it back and I will refund her, (but not if she keeps it), and move on to the other bidders, or let ebay give her her money back and allow her to keep the stuff. I figure all ebay can do is take my money and give it to her, they cannot make her send it back, right?

So I gather I can try and con her into returning it, and so i get something back, or ebay will just give her the money and not care if she returns it?

AM I right on that?

I have just reinforced ebay rule #2 If someone seems even a tiny bit weird, block them ASAP and move on.

This angers me to no end! I don't know what amount of money is involved, but I would do ALL I could to prove to eBay that she is a lier. Get whatever money you can out of the deal, and don't deal with whiners in the future. If they whine before the shipping, they will whine about everything else to get some money back!

GEZZZ, I'm PI$$ED!!

I will credit where it is due. I poked around on ebay and actually found a place to call regarding her complaint. I then actually got a real live english speaking person within 30 seconds. Now she was reading scripts, but she said she could see I have been going back and forth with the buyer for a while (she asked her questions AFTER she won the bid), so allowed me to escalate it right away. So I put it in as I told them I felt she was trying to blackmail me into a discount, or she would give me my first negative feedback.

What the ebay lady told me was that if I lost, (I bet I will) the buyer will have to ship it back to me, and ONLY upon it being flagged as delivered will she get her money back. (and curiously said ebay would not "make the refund, I would have to do that." Then if I felt the item had been "altered" i.e. washed and ruined, I could make a counter claim.

No wonder ebay wants to get rid of the collectibles market- they must have this happen 50 times a minute.

I only had one crazy lady experience.

It was a 100% positives over 200 transactions seller and I bought a record from her and it arrived Melted. Told her I was sending it back, the next day it was in the mail. She lied and said I melted it and it took me over a month to send it back. The weird thing was she must have lost her mind that week because suddenly she racked up 12 negatives in a two week period. I don't think she ever sent my money back but the lady clearly lost her mind about something and I just happened to order something from her that week!

I definitely have much empathy with you on this one!!!

Leonardo

Or... maybe teh records all melted while in the mail?

anyway, as I always like to hear follow ups, now the lady wants to keep just "one item" from the lot (the same one she says is in horrible condition and little more than junk. BUT... She will take a refund $30 of the $47+ $7.29 shipping, and she will return everything but the "trash" item, and add in a few more related articles I could sell to make up for it. So, she wants to keep the one item that I am accused of saying was in OK shape when it was TOTAL JUNK!

ha!

Then when she found I escalated it to ebay she wrote me two more emails

1. "So you are going to sell things that should be in the trash?"

2. "I hit the wrong button"

I wonder if the floor show is worth the price?

Definitely not, the way it melted was very odd (it was only in one groove section around the entire record, for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it happened), she simple didn't know how to look at the record and grade it properly. But she accused me of melting it myself, which I didn't like.....that's what made upset, not to mention 12+ negatives she suddenly received from other buyers. Sorry don't want to get off topic! It still upsets me!

Basically what I'm trying to say this lady your dealing with is clearly out of her mind and I know how it feels!

the update doesn't seem to be getting any better~!

Leonardo

This is exactly why I do not sell on ebay and will be hard pressed to ever do so. I think it is easier to sell at a show or to other collectors. I hope everything works out for you.

Philip

anyway, as I always like to hear follow ups, now the lady wants to keep just "one item" from the lot (the same one she says is in horrible condition and little more than junk. BUT... She will take a refund $30 of the $47+ $7.29 shipping, and she will return everything but the "trash" item, and add in a few more related articles I could sell to make up for it. So, she wants to keep the one item that I am accused of saying was in OK shape when it was TOTAL JUNK!

ha!

Then when she found I escalated it to ebay she wrote me two more emails

1. "So you are going to sell things that should be in the trash?"

2. "I hit the wrong button"

I wonder if the floor show is worth the price?

It would be a cold day in Hell before I would ever let that woman keep anything that you sold her. Take about RUDE. :thumbdown:

You want "IT ALL" sent back before you refund anything to her!

Block her and then place the "junk" item on ebay again so she can watch it sell!! Heck, let me know and I will bid on it for you just to screw with her!!!!

When it is all said and done, wrap this up ASAP even if it costs you a few bucks. It is not worth the headache. I had a guy who bought a pin from me. He said it arrived with the post broke off the back. He wanted a refund and would like the keep the broken piece anyway. Pretty sure it was not broke, but I refunded him and then blocked him. It was worth the bucks to end the BS.

vintageproductions

Tell her to return it, and make sure Safe Harbor sees copies of her follow-up emails, where she wants to keep the piece she didn't want to start with.

I also agree to make sure you block her from future bidding. I used to hate to block bidders but it got to the point where we had to. Now we about six inches of names, in the "blocked" box.

An amazing finish!

last night I got email from ebay saying that they had called the woman and told me she seemed "genually upset at what had happened" and encouraged me to try to work it out.

Well, this moring I opened my mail to about 4 emails from her that show she is CLEARLY a little off her rocker. Tales of how everything she bids on arrives as junk and she has to send it back, that she can't pay everyone she owes, tec.

and

an email from ebay saying they had found I had done nothing wrong, and that They have found in my favor, I don't have to take anything back, andthey have closed the cased.

Of course I don't know if she's going to leave me bad feedback, but I think most people who see someone with 800 and only one bad will take it in their stride.

I just received my first negative feedback on eBay for a similar situation. The buyer won the auction, then took 2 weeks to pay and then filed a claim with eBay that he had not received his item. He couldn't speak English and what little communication he gave was in German, so after jumping through hoops for the guy I just ended up refunding him even though he got the item. The creep decided to leave me negative and personally insulting feedback anyway, which eBay refused to remove because it didn't meet their "removal guidelines"

I hope this woman doesn't leave you negative feedback, it is extremely irritating when you do all the right things and end up getting crapped on in the end regardless.

But wait, it gets a little odder.

So I try and leave her Negative feedback, but EBAY WILL NOT LET ME. I go to the feedback screen and I am allowed only to give her positive feedback, or tell ebay I had a problem (which duh, they know about) so I told them I felt I needed to leave bad feedback toprotact other sellers. No word from them yet.

The ability for the seller to leave negative feeback for the buyer has been gone for quite some time now. Very sad for the sellers.

I'm wondering if they are keeping a "secret" feedback rating for buyers. Thus if someone abuses the system THEY can see the person is a problem, and make quick decisions, as in my case.

You want "IT ALL" sent back before you refund anything to her!

Block her and then place the "junk" item on ebay again so she can watch it sell!! Heck, let me know and I will bid on it for you just to screw with her!!!!

When it is all said and done, wrap this up ASAP even if it costs you a few bucks. It is not worth the headache. I had a guy who bought a pin from me. He said it arrived with the post broke off the back. He wanted a refund and would like the keep the broken piece anyway. Pretty sure it was not broke, but I refunded him and then blocked him. It was worth the bucks to end the BS.

I had a similar experience a fews months ago---I was selling the complete set of the Tudors---got it off ebay, we watched it and planned to sell it back---I had run all the numbers and this looked like the cheapest way to see the entire series---so I listed it on ebay with a buy it now price and free shipping---less than two days later I get a buyer....he pays and I ship---end of story, right? Not so fast...

After about a week I get a nice note saying how great the series is but it's missing the last disk...

I know it was complete when I mailed it but nonetheless, we looked all over the house and found no trace of the "missing" disk

I sent the guy a note and said he could return the set for a full refund.

He told me he couldn't do that because he had given the set to an elderly aunt who just loved it and it would break her heart to send it back

however, his elderly aunt was also a big fan of Robert Redford and if I would send her some Redford movies we would be square---

I just ignored him and he never posted feedback of any kind but I really didn't care

Come on--would you really give your elderly aunt the Tudors as a gift? and then ask for Robert Redford movies?

unbelievable how some people will try to scam everything in life....

S/F

Al

• 5 weeks later...

I believe in this situation neither of you will be able to leave feedback.

You were right to call them.

If you do it right, have a little patience, ebay is a great source of income.