Show us your period military toys, models, and trench art!

Dr_rambow

post-211-1345516862.jpg

That picture is awesome. Seems like the happiest kid in the world (I'd be happy too if I had a kick rump Holgate tank like that). Holgate toys were comparatively expensive, with the price of tank being about $2.00! Here is a great page on their military stuff.

1943 catalog:

Photo2.jpg

siege, you have some really killer stuff! Some of those pictures genuinely put a smile on my face. Any chance of some shots of the neat little aircraft carrier in this case shot?

post-211-1344786589.jpg
General Apathy

post-344-1345834769.jpg

Hi Dr_rambow,

turned out to be an interesting topic, here's another item from my collection a WWII jig-saw puzzle showing a very rare 6 wheel Jeep with alarge calibre weapon in the rear. The majority of the pieces are the small intricately cut pieces with interlocking shapes, however a few of the pieces are much larger and in the shapes of artillery cannons and aircraft. ;)

Would love to add more stuff but I am short of time presently :crying:

ken

Todd---

I have so much stuff packed away, it took me a while to locate the aircraft carrier. This was a kit of of one of the earlier carrier types. I tried to identify it to a specific carrier but details differ. Since it was a kit, I do wonder if the placement of some pieces were incorrect.

post-211-1345904287.jpg

post-211-1345904308.jpg

The puzzle is pretty neat! 90% of this stuff wouldn't fly by today's standards. The guns would need those awful orange tips, and giving a toddler a tank for Christmas would be frowned upon!

That little carrier sure has some character. Thanks for pulling out more pictures!

In other news, I got a new restoration project in the mail this week.

526354_127668424046374_1012370832_n.jpg

Fairly rare Structo tank only made between 1930-32, rare mostly because it had a large (and expensive) motor which made it die hard at the start of the depression. I think it represents Christie's designs of the day fairly strongly.

T1 combat car anyone?

usmt-ChristieM1931-IonFonosch.jpg

Some idiot had painted it, very poorly I might add, which caused a loss to much of the original paint on the hull. The wheels and turret didn't get messed up too bad though. This is what it looked like before I worked on it:

292373_127178387428711_1094941092_n.jpg

:crying: :fear:

This has been a really great thread!! Here is my small contribution. I like the Marx tin toy tanks and soldiers. The soldiers, if I understand correctly, are actually targets. They cam in both US and foreign troops. If anyone has an ad for these, I 'd really like to see it. If anyone has a complete set, please post it!!!

post-203-1345926529.jpg

Toy nerd to the rescue!

As with any Marx product, these sets came in MANY different variations. Some had cannons instead of a "rifle", others had additional accessories, plus there are numerous soldier designs.

8263328_1_l.jpg

Todd---

I have so much stuff packed away, it took me a while to locate the aircraft carrier. This was a kit of of one of the earlier carrier types. I tried to identify it to a specific carrier but details differ. Since it was a kit, I do wonder if the placement of some pieces were incorrect.

post-211-1345904287.jpg

post-211-1345904308.jpg

It looks Japanese

Here is something I bet no others have! This came from the attic of an old house in a small coal mining town in Pennsylvania. The flag is in rough shape but it does have the boy's name down in the corner and I have been able to identify him. There are various drawings, including military and patriotic designs, good luck charms, skull and cross bones, a wagon or train car, and what appears to be a building from the town itself. I can envision the kids running around the neighborhood with it. Can't be many of these to survive.

post-211-1346026274.jpg