New Red Cross WW2 poster

fstop61

Just acquired this 1943 Red Cross (1/2-sheet) poster from EBay. Painted by Paul Lingenbrink Whitman. Depicts a wounded GI holding his head. Not sure if you can see, but there's a bullet hole in his helmet. There aren't too many posters that show GI's in compromising situations (I can only think of about a dozen or so). Thanks for looking.

post-35406-1344311809.jpeg

Great wartime poster! If it weren't for the amount of wall space these consume, I'd have a lot of these in my collection. This one is a prime example!

Great poster, nicely framed

Posters are one of my favorite collection topic

I own more than 150 of them, mostly from WWI era , some framed, other in cardboard tube...

and not enough walls in my home

T

Great poster, nicely framed

Posters are one of my favorite collection topic

I own more than 150 of them, mostly from WWI era , some framed, other in cardboard tube...

and not enough walls in my home

T

Thanks! I'm sure you have some great posters. I have about half of what you have-85% framed

about 2/3- WW2 1/3 -WW1 mostly 1/2 sheet and smaller. I have them on nearly every wall of the house and there's still a bunch stacked-up against the walls. Right now it's a buyers market-seems like the bottom has fallen out. This poster was under $50 with no other bidders...go figure. Thanks again (would love to see some of yours)

Bob