KW Theater Made Cover EGA

Brig

Here's a gem...this was in the lot with the surprise Meyer, and the reason I bought the lot. Blurry front photo only, the eagle and flukes stood out and I took a gamble. Thought it might be what it turned out to be. Been polished, but you can see the globe on this enlisted piece was once tooled. The rear is the giveaway. Inside the globe, you can see tool marks. The post and wafer thin roller are consistent with the theater-made chevrons, as is the brass lump the pin is mounted in. A fantastic emblem, now I just need to find a pair of the collar emblems, been on the lookout for years

For your viewing pleasure...

100_2068.JPG

100_2071.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

This is a great discovery! We've all wondered for some time if a cap emblem would finally appear and it has... at long last. The eagle's chest feathers are quite distinctive, in design and now readily identifiable. Does the design of the cover eagle match-up match your set of collar emblem eagle? I need to get mine out and post for you....

alas, the only collar I have is rendered brown for service, hard to see the details well. I've been prowling for a set of dress collars for some time, they'd look great cased together. The hunt continues!

Compared to an image from the Reference forum...there's actually a whole slew of differences. The anchors are extremely different and even the Eagles. Honestly, I have no idea how a small blurry photo of the front only possibly screamed Korean Made. Though, we shouldn't be surprised at the differences, as the collars are thin brass and the cover is more solid and heavy, and they would have had to design them separately, no high-tech casting and sizing in Korea at the time.

The differences could make someone argue that it isn't made in Korea...however, the way the pin is mounted leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind. Hard to see in the images, but as with the theater made chevrons, the roller is set into a small 'mound', and the roller is wafer thin, found time and again on those chevrons and nothing else.

post_22_1344303933.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Appears you and I have the identical collars, no were near the design elements or configuration of the continents of the cover emblem....

korean_005.jpg

korean_004.jpg

I took the images of the collars from the Reference forum...I have no collars... I believe they are actually your pair now

• 1 year later...
teufelhunde.ret

I took the images of the collars from the Reference forum...I have no collars... I believe they are actually your pair now

Actually forgot this thread, not surprising as most of my time is devoted to filling out Medicare part B forms :wacko:

Yes, I did get those from an internet auction last year, formerly in the collection of fellow Mod Gary Morlang.