ARE YOU A SERIOUS DOG TAG & ID COLLECTOR?

Wharfmaster

I wouldn't say I was a dog tag collector per se, but I do like the history behind them. When I was offered the George Gay tag, I had to buy it!

Kurt

I'm agree with you Kurt. :thumbsup:

I'm not a big collector and I already posted these tags...but as Kurt said, is important the story behind and now, these tags are good for this post.

I found these dog tags two years ago in an auction. I started to make the reserching about the Vet. and, step by step, thanks to some persons (most from this great forum) after two years and at least three months ago, I receved an e-mail from the daughter of the Vet.

Lt. Col. Jones was a member of 104th Division of Medical Division he was a surgeon. He partecipeted in the liberation and rescue of prisoners of the Nordhausen Concentration Camp, he was awarded with Bronze Star Medal and he discharged as Col.

post-5681-1344959911.jpg

Thanks

Gio

Nice collections guys. :thumbsup: I have a buddy out west who has collected dog tags for decades and I think at last count he had over 11,000 (that's right, eleven thousand). Not only US but several foreign countries. I can't devulge his name & location (to protect his privacy), but I will say he's NOT a member of this forum. Maybe this will give some of you guys something to shoot for. It's always neat to see someone collect something a bit different.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a serious tag collector, but I keep them when I get them. I just finished making this display for them...parts cost about 6 bucks to make it...(10-12 really, but I have plenty of extra stain and poly for future projects). It's great, keeps the tags slightly off the wood without extending too far, holds 20 tags or 20 pairs if you choose to stack them. And looks a lot nicer than just stringing them all on a chain, allows you to read them, etc

100_2354.JPG