M1956 suspenders (ID: Belgian Made)

Vertol

Hello all,

I would like to know what do you think about those suspenders, that - I think - are M1956 suspenders.

However, those I've seen hadn't the holes in the back side, a priori to carry a bag ; in addition, there aren't any markings.

Is it a special model or a personnal modification ?

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Vertol

90x75j.jpg

29eq6ub.jpg

20zxyqt.jpg

2lusyvc.jpg

Constabulary

I´d assume it is an IDF (Israel) suspender, I had a similar one but made of khaki canvas and with british hooks as you find on british made US WWII equipment. Furthermore the HBT pattern fabric on the inside of the padding also looks strange.

hi gang...i do'nt think they are IDF...the hardware ,color,fabric are all wrong for IDF field gear...i have a book on NATO forces from the 80's and 90's and i do belive i saw these on a Belgium Infantry soldier during a Reforger FTX...vince g. 11B INF...

Thanks for you first ideas.

It would be more Belgian than Israeli, due to where I found it.

In fact, I found it with US items, and there were M1956 barrette (don't know the real name, here's a picture of them) fixed on it.

There's also the usual anchor on the hooks, that's why I think (though) it's US.

Thanks,

Vertol

e5r8rr.jpg

2liugl2.jpg

I think they are Greek. Unfortunately the former resident Greek forum member was banned along time ago. He knew everything about the Greek M-1956 equipments. I believe they were made here in the US for the Greeks, hence the US hardware.

Thanks sgtmonroe for your idea.

I searched on the internet, and find these Greek suspenders on Eb.. and there very different (sorry, I can't post the image directly)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=true&rt=nc

I also found a post from "coolman", who's probly the guy you're talking about, and he described the ones I found on Eb.., not mine.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=12245

I didn't think US M1956 items were copied ...

Vertol