A-4 Flight Suit sizing question

Hi all,

as far as I can tell A-4s only came in "regular" length. I have a 6' 180lb frame and an original size 44 - the chest is roomy, sleeve length fits and the crotch doesn't pull, but the inseam is very short at 29" - the end of the legs stops just below mid-calf.

1st Question - did the A-4s only come in "regular" length (no mention of any short, regular, or tall in USAAF Class 13 Illustrated catalog)?

2nd Question - anyone have or is willing to measure their A-4 inseams to help build up a reference list - include size and inseam?

Thanks, Jeff

AAF_Collection

I'll measure one of mine tonight and I'm expecting another on Tuesday,I'll add that once it's here!.

Matt.

5thwingmarty

I have an original A-4, size 42. The inseam on it is only 25.5"

You can get repro flight suits in long sizes. I got one from What Price Glory in a 44-long. I'm 6-1 but have 6-6 arms so I needed a long too. They are not cheap but seam to be good quality.

Marty

Hi folks,

thanks for the quick replys. I have one other measured out - size 50 with a 29" inseam.

Marty, I assume you have one of the "longs." I've emailed WPG a couple of times to get the inseam measurements for their regular and long, but I only hear crickets in response so far - a phone call next week. The length works for your 6'1"?

Jeff

5thwingmarty

There is an original A-4 on ebay. It is listed as a size 36 and they say the inseam is 25-inches.

Marty