Lone Survivor, its a must read!

blackhawkdown

blackhawkdown

I recently read Lone Survivor, by Marcus Luttrell. Its about the recent Metal of Honor winner Michael Murphy who died in Afganistan in 2005 leading a four man SEAL team. Wow what a book, it should be on everyones reading list.

This should definitely be made into a movie, Clint Eastwood should take note. There iare way too many Hollywood anti war movies and this is a story all Americans and freedom loving persons around the world could cheer.

Marcus Luttrell was the only survivor and tells the story. It makes you wonder how many wonderful heroic stories never get told because there are no survivors.

Dan H

• 6 months later...

I just finished this book this evening & it was fantastic. Definately a must read. The overwhelming odds Seal Team 10 faced against a force of 200 Taliban is mindblowing & the heroic efforts of those who perished & Mr. Luttrell puts a lump in your throat.

• 2 weeks later...
Kurt Barickman

Yes, it is a good read. The Night Stalker pilot who volunteered for the daylight failed rescue attempt CWO Corey Goodnature was from Albert Lea and I know his parents well as his mother and I both work for the Albert Lea School District and we all go to the same church. Went to Corey's funeral. What a funeral it was, a virtual who whos of Special Forces and elite US military personnel; Seals, Ranger, Green Berets, etc. He/they are/were great Americans thumbsup.gif

KUrt Barickman

• 1 month later...
80thdiv313fa

I too just finished this book and I have to say it is the best book I have ever read. I hope that each freedom loving American will one day read Lone Survivor. This story tells you just what type of people the US armed forces are made of. I promise you that once you start reading you will not be able to put this one down.