My Visit to the Airborne & Special Operations Museum

Championhilz

I live next door to these museums. They are a real treasure. I have not been in a while, but the photos tell me it is time to visit again!!

Cheers,

Mike

Corpsmancollector

Thanks for posting! What fantastic displays in what looks like a very well laid out museum...I like the early '41 model jump suit and the Normandy items!

Will

• 5 months later...

Haha, I was wondering if the ASOM was going to be listed in here! I actually work there right now as part of the foundation staff. Quite a world class museum! I would highly recommend that anyone pay a visit here if you get the chance. Check out the website here:

http://www.asomf.org/

- Jeff

• 7 months later...

Was able to revisit this museum while viisting my son . They currently have a display on the Black Hawk down story. Didn't have my camera with me so no photos . Always pays to keep visiting these museums since some change their exhibits often .

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great museum, used to work in some offices near there downtown. Great place to visit. Some of the exhibits I can relate to as I spent 24 yrs in SF.

CD

I am very fortuante to have GEN James Lindsay, instrumental in the founding of the Airborne & Special Operations Museum and 22 year airborne Veteran, do the forward to my "Heroes In Our Midst" airborne series. The curator of the ASOM was quick to open the doors of the museum for input to the series. Jack Angolia

Thanks for posting these photos! I have been in the area now and again, but never found the time to stop at the museum. Now I have the motivation to make the time!