• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both very nice additions/collections

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Thank you Glenn. I believe the fuller is factory done because the "John Ek" stamping appears to have been applied after the fuller was made but I've never seen another with a fuller so I'm a bit perplexed by it myself.

Best,

Rob

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I was at the Baltimore Show a couple weeks ago and found an Ek #2 that had a "Whitney Manufacturing" marking etched on it. Seller said he had it authenticated by Ek's son and showed me the paperwork.

I was told that Whitney was where John Ek started as a machinist before he started his company. Has anyone here ever seen or heard of one before?

Wanted a ridiculous amount of $ for it, but was sure interesting. Don't want to post a pic because it is not my knife.

I was at the Baltimore Show a couple weeks ago and found an Ek #2 that had a "Whitney Manufacturing" marking etched on it. Seller said he had it authenticated by Ek's son and showed me the paperwork.

I was told that Whitney was where John Ek started as a machinist before he started his company. Has anyone here ever seen or heard of one before?

Wanted a ridiculous amount of $ for it, but was sure interesting. Don't want to post a pic because it is not my knife.

Sorry - just checked my notes. It was "Whitney Machine Works". It was marked by the ricasso.

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone, I picked this one up and would like to share it with you all. I have read Gun Barrel's post and it is very informative, Thank you. This one has a Model 1 blade with the wooden Model 5 style handle. It is marked " Whitney Machine Shop " on one side and " B 78 " on the other. I assume it is one of his early ones before the name and number stampings. I appreciate any comments or information.

Thank you, Capt. Case

PS sorry about the double photo, couldn't get it do delete

post-289680-0-79518400-1584492633.jpg

post-289680-0-32210700-1584492656.jpg

post-289680-0-59680600-1584493207.jpg

• 5 months later...