DFC BB&B numbered

1944Ike

:w00t: This is on E-Bay now along with some other great medals. RED54GDA is the seller. Is he from this foum? $750.00 is the going price. Love to have that one! Gary

Thanks, Kurt, page 157 "The Call of Duty" book. T never knew what this particular medal was worth because I`ve never seen one for sale! I`ll keep a hawk eye on this one....Gary

:w00t: This is on E-Bay now along with some other great medals. RED54GDA is the seller. Is he from this foum? $750.00 is the going price. Love to have that one! Gary

It will go for multiples of $750. RARE medal.

History Man

Wow, thats a great medal! :w00t: The seller also has some other very nice items for sale. I know that they made PHs and SSs but what other valor medals did BB&B make?

Philip

Hi everyone!

I saw that beauty too, it'll be fun to watch. The last early one I saw on Ebay (a beautifully cased August Frank strike) went in excess of $2000. That was about 2, maybe 3 years ago.

Who knows, maybe I'll hit the lottery before it ends and be able to bid! :laughing1:

Best wishes to all,

Joe

FrankEaton01

Here are the auction photos of the medal for reference when eBay deletes the listing. BB&B DFC #387 sold on eBay about five years ago. It had its original ribbon, but was poorly photographed and in the wrong category. If I remember correctly, it still closed around $1500.

post-5679-1343941611.jpg

Wow, thats a great medal! :w00t: The seller also has some other very nice items for sale. I know that they made PHs and SSs but what other valor medals did BB&B make?

Philip

Yep, he also has a blue Navy DSM medal box for sale...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-WWI-US-Navy...=item3379b60c86

and a short titled case LOM medal set..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-US-Navy-WWI...=item4aba65ac31

Hi,

Is this the proper case for the BBB DFC? Also will the fact that it is reribboned have a sharp effect on price or is the will it have no/minimal effect since this is so rare?

Gary B

DFC #308 passed through George Harris' list #20 of May 1986, priced at only $350!! Similarly, DFC #387 passed through his list #12 of December 1980, priced at a bargain $250!! Those were the days!!!

Tom, I knew you would have some records and input on this #DFC. We will have to call you the "bookkeeper" from now on....btw, you would think a low numbered DFC like this would have a name to go along with it. Gary

..And the blue Navy DSM box with lapel pin (no medal or ribbon) went for $1124.99. Nice unround number :)

Every now and then, interesting stuff does show up on Ebay.

Every now and then, interesting stuff does show up on Ebay.

I'm always surprised how many of these treasures are noticed by eBay watchers. You guys really have a pipeline, or spend a lot of time looking!! :thumbsup:

AND THAT'S GREAT!!!