Biggest diorama yet. WWII abandoned train yard.

Pmuranyi

Oh and PS... Does anyone know how the spell check works? Or should it be.. Duz ane un noe haow thee scpeal chak wercs?

I type waaaaaay to fast...........

P

• 4 weeks later...

Great detail and concept. I have been working on a Stalingrad diorama for years. Projects like yours seem to go on forever, but maybe thats good.

They do indeed take forever. I change them all of the time. The layouts figures vehicles. All of it. The new one is yet going on another scene.. The last one took over a year. Everytime I walk by it taunts me to sit down and build. Even in chaos of the hurricane I almost sat down in the near dark and put a few pieces together. Almost.

How about posting some photos of your diorama??

Caio

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Almost getting to the ground work and houses! All vehicles done and now figures then terrain. Loads more to go but so far so good. My first attempt to rust a vehicle is the first maultier. Just received the US figures for the tanks. Way to big diorama but should be ok.

Caio for now!

Paul

post-7107-0-60086000-1362786604.jpg

• 1 month later...

I didn't read every post so I don't know if it's been asked yet... but did you have to glue EVERY leaf down or are they just sitting there unattached?

Forgot to add - beautiful work!

This one will have water snow dirt and a road through the middle. Cows outisde of barn and G.I's talking at well. Two houses with interiors.

I mixed white glue and water to make a thinner glue mixture(I'd say about 50/50 mix) .Paint with a brush onto areas. Spinkle leaves onto wet glue. Let dry. Next step is to make an even thinner mixure and carfefully paint over leaves. This will really glue them down.

Caio for now!

Paul

HI! As for airbrush I use a paache VL (211). Paints I strickly use model master acrylic paints for the tanks building and figures. Washes are model master enamels thinned with paint thinner. Dry brushing are also model master enamel. Brushes are what ever is at hand. I cut some down to a bout a 1/4 inch for dry brushing. A big round brush is good for that. So the steps usually are paint base coat, wash and then dry brush but I do this maby 5 to 10 time each item. Giving it a layered effect . Depth. Adjusting the amount of paint to thinner each time I give the item a wash. Touch up too is important with straight paint. The ground work is really paper mache built up and molded into shape. Thats a quick paragraph. Its a lot about technique. Finding what works for you through practice.

Caio for now

Paul