Biggest diorama yet. WWII abandoned train yard.

Pmuranyi

Hi All! Well, this is the dio that almost killed me. Long long project to achieve. Figures are on the way. It is a late war train depot that has been found by the US. Somewhere in Western Germany. The kits are as follows, The heavily modified italeri M32 recovery tank. The M-10 is the terrible AFV kit completely redone with after market kits. The RSO is the Dragon with interior car details scratch built(inside doors, drive levers extended). The gondolas are Trumpeter with the exception of the large Tiger rail car which is the Tank work shop kit. The anti air craft gun is the AfV. The Tiger is late war Dragon kit and the staff car is the old stinker of a kit, the italeri WC 56. Not bad really, but need bags and good paint job to carry it. The rail truck is a converted Steyr 1500. The ground is from Hudson and Allen studios and so are the leaves. Fall colors. The skids were scratch built from balsa. The figures will go in down the road. No time now.

It took almost a year of work to make this one. It changed many times but this is the final result. Many do overs(that M-10 was a monster). I always wanted to go over the top with a diorama. Put in a lot of vehicles and I though a rail scene would lend itself to that idea and add a nice balance.

Ill get more photos up when the 10 or so figures go in.

I have been building for 43 years and this is my biggest one yet. From here on in much much much much smaller. Ill add photos next.

That is all!!!!!!!!!

Paul

WOW that's a really nice diorama already.

It will be even more dramatic when you put the figures in there, but already it is looking very cool this way!

I love the M10 conversion and Steyr.

Erwin

OK last one. Thanks for the kind words!!! Many figures are going in but have to get back to this later in the summer.

post-7107-1343838465.jpg

WOW! This is impressive! I can see why it took so long. Your patience sure paid off in an excellent diorama!

Be sure to show us the updates with the figures.

....Kat