New members WWII collection (someWWI)

brandon_rss18

brandon_rss18

Here are some pics of my collection,

100_1626.jpg100_1629.jpg Some Houston area war time newspapers

100_1628.jpg100_1627.jpg

100_1613.jpg100_1638-1.jpg This trunk is a WWI foot locker that was aquired by the grandaughter of 2nd Lt. Carl Parker who was a veterinarian in the 129th Field Artillery. Capt. Harry S. Truman was in the 2nd Battalion of the 129th. Lt. Carl Parker was mentioned in a book written by Truman about his war time in France. This was given to me FREE!!!

100_1630.jpg Army Air Corp flap cap with prop pin and Capt. bars on the other side. R-14 earphones and T-30-S throat mic.

post-2378-1201580857.jpg

post-2378-1201580920.jpg

brandon_rss18

100_1631.jpg Manhattan Project patch with photo of soldier with patch on uniform.

100_1632.jpg My Grandfathers Western Union letter from 1953 while he was in the Air Force. Approved letter for Hardship Discharge from then US Senator Lyndon B. Johnson.

100_1633.jpg

100_1634.jpg

brandon_rss18

Here's some more!!

100_1636-1.jpg Late WWII Pacific Theatre Blood Chit with Army Air Corp Patch and CIB Patch

100_1637-1.jpg WWII litter with webbing

100_1623-1.jpg Lithograph of Doolittle Raid with Signatures of R.E. Cole, co-pilot of Col. Doolittle in #1, and Ed Horton member of #10 plane

100_1635.jpg Picture of great cousin Louis E. Machala Jr., B-17 pilot, air corp reserve, also have Identification papers if anyone is interested in seeing. KIA

100_1614.jpg RAF souvenir banner from Egypt 1945

brandon_rss18

Thank you both of you, Im just happy to finally show someone my collection who cares. lol Everyone one on here is so friendly, Im happy to be a member of the community.

Brandon,

Welcome to the forum. I think you may have found your new "home" on the web.

Chris

Thank you both of you, Im just happy to finally show someone my collection who cares. lol Everyone one on here is so friendly, Im happy to be a member of the community.

brandon_rss18

lol yah Chris I think I deff. have. Im still excited about being on here, my wife-to-be was glad that I found it too, she is supportive of my hobby but she said now I can talk to others about it instead of constantly bugging her. I love her though

I don't care if you have 100 dollatrs of stuff or 1,000,000 of stuff, it still earns appreciation as your collection. Most people think it is an unusual hobby, but it is respected here.

brandon_rss18

I know what you mean. I have paid for almost all of my stuff but the thing I think is the coolest is my granfathers western union telegram. While it might only be worth about 10 dollars to a collector, no one could ever give me enough for it.