Zippo named to Vietnam KIA

Bob Hudson

This came with a box of Zippos, mostly with names and Vietnam era-type engravings. Nothing much has shown up for the other names.

ulstad1.jpg

Found this online:

ulstadobit.jpg

ulstad2.jpg

Niner Alpha

It would be interesting to know the history of the lighter. Was it in Ulstad's pocket when his body was pulled out of the river? Probably was I'd guess. It likely came home with his personal effects. Did the family sell it off? Maybe the parents died and it was in the items of an estate sale?

Years ago when I was first directed to this site there was a post about some medals bought at a flea market with a guys name on it. The named guy had been killed in Vietnam while serving with a company I later served with. There was a sad story that went with it......divorced parents fighting over where to bury him for a long time....alcoholic father....

It would be interesting to know the history of the lighter. Was it in Ulstad's pocket when his body was pulled out of the river? Probably was I'd guess. It likely came home with his personal effects. Did the family sell it off? Maybe the parents died and it was in the items of an estate sale?

Years ago when I was first directed to this site there was a post about some medals bought at a flea market with a guys name on it. The named guy had been killed in Vietnam while serving with a company I later served with. There was a sad story that went with it......divorced parents fighting over where to bury him for a long time....alcoholic father....

This was in a box of Vietnam lighters I got from a local dealer who said he'd gotten them all from someone who'd collected them. The box was not even on display in his shop and I only learned about them by accident.