Flak Vest, not familar with this one

hhc1stidf

Is this one the flak jacket early Marine Korean War types, or is it strictly a Marine aviator item ? please may we see the tag in the flak jacket ?

Is this one the flak jacket early Marine Korean War types, or is it strictly a Marine aviator item ? please may we see the tag in the flak jacket ?

I took a picture of the flak jacket tag. It is dated 1957 so it is after the Korean War. If this is the same type of flak jacket that I think it is, it would be early Vietnam War. Larry Burrows for Life Magazine took some intense photos in Vietnam of Yankee Papa 13. Incredible series of photographs. Very moving and feels like an invasion of privacy when you view the series of photographs. I believe the gunners name was Farley

Here is a link

Yankee Papa 13

Thank's for the link hhc1stidf, I was familar with those photos, they do seem similar, but until now I always thought they were wearing the old Korean War Marine Corps Flak jackets in those photos, remembering how the Army chopper pilots and crewman in the late 50s up till the time the so called Chicken plate vest came out made due with the M52 Flak Jacket

• 4 years later...