Unique Thunderbirds patch

lamebrain

I have never came across a T-Bird patch like this one. It is trimmed in black and has a single A/C in the middle. The other's are trimmed in blue and have 4 A/C flying in a diamond formation. I am also not sure what the A/C is. A thud maybe? (That's a F-105 for you civilians. :lol: )

post-93105-1343342559.jpg

The aircraft on the patch is a T-38 Talon. The USAF Air Demonstration Squadron flew the Talon from 1973 to 1983, then switched to the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Here is the Fighting Falcon patch.

Mark

post-1786-1343347630.jpg

The aircraft on the patch is a T-38 Talon. The USAF Air Demonstration Squadron flew the Talon from 1973 to 1983, then switched to the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Here is the Fighting Falcon patch.

Mark

This version seems to be the most common. Note the differences.

post-93105-1343368497.jpg

Here's some actually worn by team members. The aircraft in the patch center from left are: F-84F, F-100, F-105, F-4. Second row: F-100 backpatch, top is F-100 ascot parch, under that is the F-4 conversion patch from 69, T-38, and F-16. All of these are originals.

Randy

post-8832-1343413478.jpg

cszakolczai
Here's some actually worn by team members. The aircraft in the patch center from left are: F-84F, F-100, F-105, F-4. Second row: F-100 backpatch, top is F-100 ascot parch, under that is the F-4 conversion patch from 69, T-38, and F-16. All of these are originals.

Randy

I am not trying to challenge you on the authenticity of the patches. I am just wondering how you picked up team worn peaches.

I am not trying to challenge you on the authenticity of the patches. I am just wondering how you picked up team worn peaches.

A lot of networking over the years, and having been in the USAF as a fighter crew chief helps a lot. Also, though the T Birds say these are "controlled" items, they are out there to be had. Team members retain these, and over the years they come to the surface. The F-100 team patch comes up on eBay more than others. But be careful, these are highly reproduced also.

Randy