Three generations of fraud

hink441

Take a look at these military imposters. Evidentally they have been doing this for three generations. Since WW2 this family has been living a lie. This stuff turns my stomach. See the link below the picture. :thumbdown:

post-10825-1343308448.jpg

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/06/son-prou...litary-service/

Are you sure this is a real article? This reads like something written for The Onion. I don't see a link to a legitimate news site when I google the information.

HGButtentee

Duffelblog ! Always getting you the first time ;-)

The Story is fake but he picture has been floating in the web for a while...

If this article is true then it is truly pathetic but I'm going to send this on to a couple of our Assns "Stolen Valor" zealots for validation. The story is more hysterical than believable, especially with the recommended stories at the bottom of that post.

148thSoldier

All the stories on there are fake ones.

Taken from the About Us section of the blog.

"The Duffel Blog serves the men and women of the US Military with a daily dose of military humor, funny military pictures, and faux news. We take an interesting and funny look at military life. We focus on veterans, military stories, defense, politics (sometimes) and life on base — with a comedic twist. We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Just about everything on this website is satirical in nature.

Who We Are

We are disgruntled Marines, annoyed Army Guys, sickened Sailors… and no one from the Air Force yet because they are pretty :)ing happy to be there.

If you’ve ever wondered who is behind all of this, it’s a highly-trained staff of writers that adopt the Duffel Writing Style. This style needs three points for the writer to be effective: a fair amount of creativity, a military background, and heavy drinking."

Well, I am glad it is a fake story. Hard to imagine a family with less morals than the family depicted in the blog. The story sure got me hook, line & sinker!!! :lol2:

BTW, thanks for posting this as I am a great fan of The Onion, and had not heard about duffelblog. Look forward to reading more of their work!