84th Infantry Division Railsplitter Helmets

Bugme

I've got a special affection for the 84 Infantry Division since my father served half of his Army career with the 84th as a tank commander. Finding anything from the 84th is next to impossible and requires much patience. I'm fortunate to have Major General Jacksons summer tan uniform. The General was killed during a training exercise shortly before D-Day. I've also got the uniform Sgt. Ivan Byer, a wounded hero from the Battle of the Bulge.

Harder yet to find are helmets, so for the next couple days I'll be posting a few on my WWI, WWII & Early 50's helmets and liners. Here is my most recent M1917 from the 84th.

84th.jpg

DSCN7936f.jpg

My recent acquisition of an 84th ID M-1.

This one is really just to cool, and another to add to my wish list.

2ndInf.Div.

I had a WWII liner with a 50's 84th decal...I traded it for a "Korean War" liner that I later found out is a 1955 pattern liner :( Being that I traded with a good friend and he reenacts the 84th, I decided to leave it be as it was my mistake. But dang do I miss it :pinch:

I've got a special affection for the 84 Infantry Division since my father served with the 84th as a tank commander. Finding anything from the 84th is next to impossible and requires much patience. I'm fortunate to have Major General Jacksons summer tan uniform. The General was killed during a training exercise shortly before D-Day. I've also got the uniform Sgt. Ivan Byer, a wounded hero from the Battle of the Bulge.

Harder yet to find are helmets, so for the next couple days I'll be posting a few on my WWI, WWII & Early 50's helmets and liners. Here is my most recent M1917 from the 84th.

Bug,

Item: U-193 at Baystate might be interesting for you even if it is WW1.

Pep

Hi Scott,

Excellent Items you have got there in your Collection Top Quality no doubt!

Top Notch Items there in your Collection as always :thumbsup:

Regards

Tomás.

Here's another one, it's an WWII painted 84th liner... it appears to have not been lovingly stored. ;)

SSCN6743.JPG

This one is really just to cool, and another to add to my wish list.

It was on my wish list for a loooooong time! *contented sigh* :)

Bug,
Item: U-193 at Baystate might be interesting for you even if it is WW1.
Pep

Hey Pep, long time no see! I saw the 84th tunic on Bay State but, I only go after ID'd uniforms... this one isn't. Thanks for the heads-up anyhow!

A big thanks to everyone else who posted such kind words on this thread. It's nice to have peers appreciate what you have.

I guess I need an 84th from the 'nam era. Yes, that was sarcasm. ;)

Wish I would have known you a few years earlier, you could of had mine from the early '90s! :lol:

Wish I would have known you a few years earlier, you could of had mine from the early '90s! :lol:

See, I always wait too long to ask. Was it a patched woodland cover? That would probably impress the post WWII helmet guys more than these old clunky original WWI and WWII 84th ID lids. :)

bloodybucket28th

Very nice! I love them!

The medic liner is so beautiful!

congratulations!

Mat

• 1 year later...

Very nice! I love them!

The medic liner is so beautiful!

congratulations!

Mat

I like the medic liner also, sadly, somone pulled out the suspension but, they left the nape strap mount.