War Movie Themes.

patches

• 11 months later...
Trooper B.A.R

Surprised, maybe no one remembers the haunting music, and when released, critics said there were tears seen in adults eyes as they left the theatre. Hanover Street.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't added one in a long time.

I recently got the DVD MacArthur off Amazon, and was reacquainted with it's pretty stirring theme, a must add here in this topic I do believe.

Movie of course as you know is of a great subject matter, and while Okay, they're are more than a few U.S. uniforms and gear errors that are hard to get past, like the use of Leaf pattern covers, whole scale use of Marine covers, M45 gear for Buna in late 42 and the PI Campaign, and a few others goofs, like Peck pointing to Luzon when he proclaim's he'll reenter the Philippines via Leyte :lol:, and showing female cadets at the Point when it's supposed to be 1962 :lol:. A part from all that, Peck was very good in the lead, in fact superb in my estimation, the late and tragic Ed Flanders as Harry S too. I'm sure other movie buffs will agree that it should of been given the PATTON treatment, maybe it should of been handed off to the Great Richard Attenborough, but at the time he was involved with A Bridge Too Far, and right after started to wheels rolling for Gandhi.

The Great Jerry Goldsmith composed this one.

• 1 year later...
BILL THE PATCH

Victory at Sea is also my favorite, I have it on my phone downloaded, I also have 4 original LP's that I play on a vintage 60's stereo console, you know the gigantic ones. it plays great

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Garandomatic

I had the soundtrack to A Bridge Too Far and it sounded darned good at high volumes.

Theme from 1941 is perpetually stuck in my head.

Another good one was the opening theme from the 1990s miniseries "The Rough Riders." Opening was a well done montage that brought the viewer up to speed with what was going on in Cuba.

• 8 months later...

I bought a CD on Amazon last year that has all war movie songs, most of which have been already named here.

I like to play it on my way to gun/military shows.

• 4 months later...

Seen the The Green Berets Theme has been removed by YT, so lets try this ne, the best version I think, from the opening credits of the movie itself.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Theme from the Fall of Eagles, the 1974 British Television Mini Series this opening was played at the very beginning of each and every episode, great graphics there with the three imperial eagles of the Habsburg, the Hohenzollern and the Romanov Dynasties.

• 3 months later...

The Theme from the 1965 movie Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, I always thought this was a Great War British RFC Song, but nooo, it was written for the movie :lol: A catchy song with cleaver lyrics still :)

• 1 year later...

The Theme from the 1962 Movie Taras Bulba, Yul Brynner, Tony Curtis, Perry Lopez, Sam Wanamaker et al.

• 1 year later...