Boker 155 USAF Survival Knife

hawkdriver

There was a recent thread about find one's holy grail. Sometimes you have it and don't know it. I recently bought out a large military collection and there was a lot of knives in the collection, probably close to 100. I don't know much about knives, especially older Navy MK1s and such. The guy that sold me the collection told me it would be in my best interest to buy a knife reference book and get myself learned before I start selling them. With an upcoming gun and knife show, I decided to start getting the knives marked and ready for sale.

There were a lot of civilian knives that I had no clue about and this knife was one of them. When I started researching it, I started getting a feel that I had something and then I found Charlie Flick's post here. I also contacted Frank Trzaska and he confirmed what it is. Here is the knife. Had I not gotten the feeling to check this out, I would have sold this for $40. Now I have to decide whether I want to keep it or not.

1zt5s8.jpg

18f9ea.jpg

9rkun9.jpg

30a72b5.jpg

s3hnok.jpg

256y81t.jpg

t84320.jpg

I'm leaning real hard towards putting this into my JPK collection.

Honestly, it will go very well there.

• 3 years later...

I recently bought the same knife and everything is correct especially the Boker USA stamp, period correct sheath and lanyard hole. The one thing missing is the 155 stamp on the other side. I showed the knife to a master knife maker and he verified that the knife and sheath are authentic and the knife matches one of the two variations of the knife online. Also I have read one other comment where someone has this knife without the 155 stamp.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• 2 years later...

I recently bought the same knife and everything is correct especially the Boker USA stamp, period correct sheath and lanyard hole. The one thing missing is the 155 stamp on the other side. I showed the knife to a master knife maker and he verified that the knife and sheath are authentic and the knife matches one of the two variations of the knife online. Also I have read one other comment where someone has this knife without the 155 stamp.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see any response to your post. I have 3 of these knives, 1 has the 155 stamp and 2 have no 155 stamp, all have the lanyard hole and 2 have the original pouch sheath that was only used for these knives.