28th ID 55th Recon POW Grouping Photo Album

manayunkman

Sorry to hear you are having financial issues,

I was under the impression you had sold this group to the person selling it on Ebay?

Kurt

I was under the impression you had sold this group to the person selling it on Ebay?

Kurt

I thought the exact same thing

manayunkman

I wish it was just financial.

My heart has been ripped from my chest over what is happening.

Thank you for your support.

As for eBay I use an eBay service.

I can only hope that you never go through what I am going through.

P-40Warhawk

Wow that was an amazing grouping.

Kurt

Thank you for your support.

As for eBay I use an eBay service.

Sorry to hear any fellow collector having a hard time, it sounds terrible!!

So, I'm a little confused about this ebay thing over who you sold it to, is the current seller the 2nd or third owner after you sold it or did you sell it? It's really a one of a kind grouping, so it's sad to see it go in pieces (as I think you will agree). Maybe in the future you can ask the buyer not to break it up, and keep it intact as it has been for decades.

I used to do a little collecting of 1944/45 28th items focused on the 'Battle of the Bulge', a grouping like this would have been the centerpiece.

BigJohn#3RD

Manayunkman,

Like you said things are just thing, it would be nice to keep it together but when it comes to things vs people, especially family; people come first. Hope you have better time ahead and that this rough patch does not go on for ever.

God Bless,

John

dave peifer

i was under the impression the person who bought the group from m decided to put it on e-bay and make a killing.........dave

P-40Warhawk

i was under the impression the person who bought the group from m decided to put it on e-bay and make a killing.........dave

I don't know?

After reading his reply I'm not sure?

Some of us know the truth......

But I won't clog up the thread with what's been happening...

Then why post this answer?

It is very sad that a grouping like this is split up and I guess the person who did it must have very good reasons.

But if he is on this forum, then why didn't he contact members to check if the whole grouping could have stayed together?

Erwin

Then why post this answer?

It is very sad that a grouping like this is split up and I guess the person who did it must have very good reasons.

But if he is on this forum, then why didn't he contact members to check if the whole grouping could have stayed together?

Erwin

I'm pretty sure it was not bought on the forum and that person is splitting it up on ebay. Manayunkman said he uses an ebay service....so I am pretty sure he is selling it himself, just having someone list it for him on ebay.

P-40Warhawk

I'm pretty sure it was not bought on the forum and that person is splitting it up on ebay. Manayunkman said he uses an ebay service....so I am pretty sure he is selling it himself, just having someone list it for him on ebay.

I see your point, but why not just say so in the first place?

Oh well, it doesn't change what happened to the former grouping.

All I can say is what a shame. This does not make sense. Hiring an ebay service cost lots of money. Most charge about 50% fees included unless it is a very expensive item. Seller would been better off listing on this forum before breaking up. If it did not sell he could have at least said he tried.

It all went for @ $2500 all broken up. Some things sold for less than I expected ( the POW Dogtag and the POW mail ), and other things went crazy high ( Photo album for $818 , POW Telegrams for over $200 ). One of the POW postcards was from a camp I did not have a card to, and I have a few thousand WWII German POW cards, but I did not bid. I will find one. The DIs also went for a lot less than I know the seller thought they were worth.

Kurt

Peter: sorry to hear that.

At a $2,500 sales total on ebay, I bet he could have easily got half that amount if listed on the forum, maybe more. So, after using selling service and their fees, no net gain, just split up forever. He has posted lots of great groupings that I enjoyed seeing. I hope he is able to deal with his problems and get back to collecting.

RustyCanteen

Sad to hear of such a grouping broken up.

Also sorry to hear of problems that would lead to such a tragic event.