The loneliest man at Beltring!

Sabrejet

Anyone thinking about starting a Taliban reenactment group? (There's always a need for targets!) ;)

post-8022-1343072832.jpg

He spat at me and called me an "Infidel"....so I let the air out of his tires and threw a pork-chop at him!!

Hi,

I think they were two : I've seen an other guy with an AK chest rig, wearing a jalaba not really at ease when the pakistanese food sellers laugh at him :lol: !

Cheers

V

Taliban or SF playing at Taliban? (Or, in this case, someone playing at SF playing at Taliban as it were)

You'd be hard pressed to find a 'ban with such a nice pickup after all ;)

Wow, that guy has big brass ones for that impression.

...are they holding hands? :blink:
If so, it's culturally normal in many places for them.

Ahhh but was it really an impression? or was this just a chance to show off who they actually are without raising red flags? Now throwing a pork chop at him was really bad taste, an opened omelette with ham MRE pouch would have been so much more appropriate

mack

Ahhh but was it really an impression? or was this just a chance to show off who they actually are without raising red flags? Now throwing a pork chop at him was really bad taste, an opened omelette with ham MRE pouch would have been so much more appropriate

mack

Taliban or Free Afghans??

very odd or different for sure.Kinda like a couple guys I saw doing a VC/NVA impression at a show the first time I attended.I kinda wondered what the Viet Nam vets were thinking at the time.Then theres the war protester re-enactors :blink:

I think Ian should have thrown bacon bits at them.The pre cooked ones...you know kind of an edible type confetti

We all knew it was going to happen eventually. Just never thought it would be this soon. :think:

If so, it's culturally normal in many places for them.

I lost count of the hands I've held in Iraq and Africa. It is a show of respect and trust from the senior party. When I was a COIN instructor, I would love finding the most homo-phobic guy in the class, and using him as an example of the mHand hold, cheek kissing!! :lol: :lol:

I lost count of the hands I've held in Iraq and Africa. It is a show of respect and trust from the senior party. When I was a COIN instructor, I would love finding the most homo-phobic guy in the class, and using him as an example of the mHand hold, cheek kissing!! :lol: :lol:

Which cheeks would they be Hoovie...hi-level...or lower?! ;)

It may be a bit odd...but if WW2 re-enacting had become popular right after the end of WW2 you can imagine the eyebrows that would be raised when the Waffen-SS re-enactors would be on display. These guys are just ahead of the curve!

• 1 month later...
It may be a bit odd...but if WW2 re-enacting had become popular right after the end of WW2 you can imagine the eyebrows that would be raised when the Waffen-SS re-enactors would be on display. These guys are just ahead of the curve!

Hi All,

I was right opposite this crowd at Beltring/War and Peace Show and to be honest, Me and my friends, some ex servicemen, were uncomfortable with people portraying Taliban/special forces in Afganistan.

Allied soldiers are being killed almost daily and portraying it showed a complete lack of respect to those who have died and more so to their loved ones who could have been at the show.

Re-enacting is walking a fine line and this overstepped it. If the press had got hold of this they would have a field day!

They moan about German SS re-enactors so portraying a current war, especially Taliban, would do nothing but harm to

the re-enacting movement, whatever era portrayed.

Para1957

Hi All,

I was right opposite this crowd at Beltring/War and Peace Show and to be honest, Me and my friends, some ex servicemen, were uncomfortable with people portraying Taliban/special forces in Afganistan.

Allied soldiers are being killed almost daily and portraying it showed a complete lack of respect to those who have died and more so to their loved ones who could have been at the show.

Re-enacting is walking a fine line and this overstepped it. If the press had got hold of this they would have a field day!

They moan about German SS re-enactors so portraying a current war, especially Taliban, would do nothing but harm to

the re-enacting movement, whatever era portrayed.

Para1957

You put that way better than I did in my post! But why let good taste ruin somebody's weekend out?!?

They should try and find these guys phone numbers and annonimously call them and "Suggest" they try "something" better next time , I'm sure if the right person(military) had come along and seen them , they may have been jumped and shall we say "Helped" to the on site infirmary .........................................