Beretta 92FS, show yours

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blitzkrieg gsd,

I have read about this; it's the new plague of rural America. It's a sad day when law abiding citizens live under siege on their own property.

Good luck to you.

That area of the midwest is particularly rampant with meth cookers. Some years ago, I was in SW Indiana for an extended period (likely within a short distance from you, blitzkrieg gsd). The amount of meth production around that AO is staggering.

It is likely due to the amount of bulk Nitrogen fertilizer, available to steal, on so many of those huge farms.

Someone described to me some of the other 'chemies' that go into the 'recipe' for making this sh!t:

Hi-strength drain cleaner, alkaline dry cell 'guts', some very nasty solvents ...et cetera.

How anyone would choose to ingest this reprehensible mix of toxic waste is beyond comprehension...

Hawk: PETA doesn't have rats (or their toys), on the endangered species list.

Thanks for the "Public Service" eradication program.

blitzkrieg gsd: Keep Tight.

Best Regards,

Don.

'No matter what the question ...the answer is always Clausewitz.'

'A nation's strength is defined not by the size of its army, but by whether it means what it says.' Prussian MG C.P.G. von Clausewitz

* The MER of an excuse is zero meters.*

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience." GA Omar N. Bradley

"It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key." PM Winston Churchill

donation2011.gif

My Beretta is the same as gunbarrel's. I took a picture of my Beretta with a theater made shoulder holster. Not sure if the holster is Iraqi or Afghan made.

002.JPG

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

That area of the midwest is particularly rampant with meth cookers. Some years ago, I was in SW Indiana for an extended period (likely within a short distance from you, blitzkrieg gsd). The amount of meth production around that AO is staggering.

It is likely due to the amount of bulk Nitrogen fertilizer, available to steal, on so many of those huge farms.

Someone described to me some of the other 'chemies' that go into the 'recipe' for making this sh!t:

Hi-strength drain cleaner, alkaline dry cell 'guts', some very nasty solvents ...et cetera.

How anyone would choose to ingest this reprehensible mix of toxic waste is beyond comprehension...

Hawk: PETA doesn't have rats (or their toys), on the endangered species list.

Thanks for the "Public Service" eradication program.

blitzkrieg gsd: Keep Tight.

Best Regards,

Don.

Sadly, its been going on in that area for 30 years or more... I once accompanied a friend of mine to the Vevay area to help recon some land that belonged to a friend of his. This was in the early 80s... We didn't find anyone, but ran across a LOT of boobytraps meant to catch the law enforcement unawares. Back then, the cash crop was marihuana... We'd been forewarned about the possibility of boobytraps so we were extra cautious and ran across everything from pitfalls with punji sticks to trip wire activated spring traps similar to what you see in Vietnam war movies. We even found some steel bear traps. The going was slow to avoid walking into anything unpleasant. The building was wired with a shotgun set up to blast anyone who opened the door (we entered the building through a window and disabled the trap). Looking back, even going into that area was stupid... The whole area was rife with traps, both natural and man made. The things we do when we're young, dumb and full of false bravado.

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

I scored an eagle industries molle low leg holster. How common are they? Which units use these holsters? I am no "combat guy", but I think its very comfortable to wear. My sisters husband is a SEK (compareable with SWAT) police officer, they have the same style of holsters for their Glocks.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

There are lots of varations of leg holsters worn. I don't know if some units allow or disallow various holsters. There are theatre wide regulations on what kind CANNOT be worn, mostly those types that the barrel does not point mostly down. Some shoulder holsters have the barrel pointing to the rear, that is not allowed. Also, the units TO & E dictate who is authorized a handgun. My unit is all duel armed, M4 carbine and pistol. Few of us wear the issue holster and from what I have noticed of our SECFOR (Security Force) few of them wear the issue holster either. For the most part, people wear what works for them, as long as it is safe. With out a photo, I don't know what an "Eagle Industries" holster is. What I wear is exactly like the one's posted by Hawkdriver on July 24, both mine are the same green color.

MSG BKW

I scored an eagle industries molle low leg holster. How common are they? Which units use these holsters? I am no "combat guy", but I think its very comfortable to wear. My sisters husband is a SEK (compareable with SWAT) police officer, they have the same style of holsters for their Glocks.

Uups, drop leg, not low leg... :ermm:

I can't say for sure, but that looks like or at least very similar to the issue holster we got. I left mine back in the states. Don't really see much ACU here now. Military wear the multi-cams here now, pretty much only ones who wear the ACU's are visiting from the states or contractors. Some of my linguists have some ACU uniforms, but I try to keep them in multi-cams so they don't stand out. A couple of the vests are woodland still. That type of holster was probably one of the types worn here.

MSG BKW

I can't say for sure, but that looks like or at least very similar to the issue holster we got. I left mine back in the states. Don't really see much ACU here now. Military wear the multi-cams here now, pretty much only ones who wear the ACU's are visiting from the states or contractors. Some of my linguists have some ACU uniforms, but I try to keep them in multi-cams so they don't stand out. A couple of the vests are woodland still. That type of holster was probably one of the types worn here.

MSG BKW

Woodland vests?? You are talking about reenactors... Sorry I am just kidding.I thought ACU is the general stuff over there.

Cheers

Michael

Woodland vests?? You are talking about reenactors... Sorry I am just kidding.I thought ACU is the general stuff over there.

Cheers

Michael

Yes, a couple of my linguists have vests that are woodland camo. I haven’t seen any US soldiers wearing any woodland. Multi-cam is what we (US soldiers and the Navy members of our team) wear. Marines wear the desert digital pattern. Air Force also wear the Multi-cams. Contractors wear every conceivable thing except possibly pickelhaubs and loincloths;)

Nick, Nice pistol and holster, I think I have seen some of that type here.

MSG BKW

I guess I am showing my age with this rig. Hopefully none of the "experts" will pick the belt apart, it is the last one I wore before I retired. :)

Pistol is a commerical M9 I bought in 2001. As you can tell by the 1-5000 tag it has never been fired. I believe taking it out of the box today for the photo was only the third or fourth time it has been out.

By the way, the photo is not reversed, the holster is setup for left hand carry.

M9.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Looking for original photos and other items from the First World War US 77th Infantry Division.

Also interested in BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

I have seen a couple of those "old school" holsters here.

MSG BKW

Now if I could just find one of those old leather .38 Special shoulder holsters I would be set. :) My issue weapon at Ft. Campbell before the M9s was an honest to God WWII Victory Model.

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Looking for original photos and other items from the First World War US 77th Infantry Division.

Also interested in BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.